Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Diverse Wands

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
My group got into an interesting discussion the other day about the plethora of wands to grace Wizard101, and we all had opinions on what makes, or breaks the cosmetics of them. On our favorite, we varied greatly, but our least favorite was a group consenus; it was the Mystic Flute. It reminded us of Hadji's flute from the "Johnny Quest" cartoon. Every time I see someone use it, I laugh and think of him. What is your favorite, or least favorite, and why?
Sim Sim Salabim! Happy Spiraling.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
My favorite wand is the Celestial Trident; it looks very impressive. My least favorite are the big bulky staves that have huge banners on them. I do also agree with you that the snake charmer wands are somewhere at the bottom of the list.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
I don't care much for the flutes either, although they do seem to be a popular choice, especially in pvp. My personal favorite is one from Dragonspyre, Redwind's Viridian Blade. I've always loved that wand, and use it on a couple of my wizards. I also really like the grimoire wands, there's just something about them that is magical and very appropriate for a wizard. Anyone else have any favorites?

Defender
Mar 18, 2012
I, too am not very interested in the flute. I am, however into the Dragonclaw blade from beckett or Duelist101.

B.F.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
I also like the lightning bolt wands from Tartarus, but only on storm wizards; it seems out of place on other school wizards.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I think my favorite type of wand has to be tall staffs with something magical-looking at the top. I usually stick to my amaranthine staff but any staff with a glowing/sparkling object on top just screams 'wizard' to me so I love them. Grimiores are also a very traditional wizardy item so those are pretty cool too.

Other favorites of mine are the more unusual ones. Things you might not think of using to cast spells from; swords, guitars, scythes, crystals, etc. I have a soft spot for the swords especially.

I have to agree with Mental on the banners. Though unusual they are far too bulky to look cool as a wand. And the snake charmer flutes just don't look that cool in general. I don't think I really have a least favorite though.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Viridian's Redwind is one of the very best wands.

Other favorites that I love:

Raven's Storied Razor (from Raven Hoard pack)
All the Darkwraith Scythes (from Halloween Nightmare pack)
Darkfire Longbow and Longbow of Grave Justice (from Knight's Lore pack)

The glowing scepters that drop from Barkingham Palace.

And ... all of the Oni blades that drop from various bosses in Mooshu. They are lovely.

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
My favorites in order are

• Sword type wands because seeing yourself in the actual battle circle for wand hits is pretty cool
  • Staff type wands especially ones with moving bits or aura's because AESTHETICS
  • Book/orb/holodeck type wands (I'm grouping them together because they all use the same animation) Its sort of out of left field to use any of those things as wands so I like it, even if the idle animation is weird and I wish that books duel cirlce cast looked more like the Loremaster's book does.

Honorable mention goes to the Staves you get from Sapoti for favorite attack animation even if I think it should be held like a Staff and not a banner.