Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Point Competition September-July

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
Starting in September they should start a competition between all the schools whereby students can gain 'School Points' for their own school by completing quests, daily tasks and such and then in June/July the school which receives the most points wins the Ravenwood Cup and every student of the winning school receives a cool prize.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Seven Points Gryfindor... Professor Wu's Life School for suggesting this idea.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
I honestly don't know why this hasn't been a feature since the beginning of time.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
It's a cool idea but I'm not sure how it would work when we know there are more storm wizards in the Spiral than any other school. It's likely that storm school would win every time and anyone without a storm wizard would miss out on the opportunity to get the cool prizes. I wonder if we can think of a way to balance the odds instead of it being a win just for having a wizard from the most popular school?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Victoria FireHeart on Jul 15, 2018 wrote:
It's a cool idea but I'm not sure how it would work when we know there are more storm wizards in the Spiral than any other school. It's likely that storm school would win every time and anyone without a storm wizard would miss out on the opportunity to get the cool prizes. I wonder if we can think of a way to balance the odds instead of it being a win just for having a wizard from the most popular school?
And that is probably why KI doesn't implement the idea .

S Gs

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
If you think about it, it's a lot like the House Cup from Harry Potter. On Pottermore, it wasn't the most popular school that won everytime, or even the majority of times. I think its one of those things that KI should first try it out, then should see if it's balanced or not. A lot of people have multiple wizards and might help multiple schools. Just a thought. It seems like a really cool idea though.

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
Okay it's pretty easy to tackle these concerns, there would be a few rules.

1. You aren't automatically signed up to the School Point scheme, you can register one wizard per account for the competition.

2. You have to actively participate in the game to win points, therefore it doesn't automatically mean that the school with the most wizards will win the Ravenwood Cup.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Dreamgalleon21154 ~ I might not be understanding if it's from Pottermore not the Harry Potter books, so forgive me if this doesn't apply

In Harry Potter (and real schools that have a House Cup type competition) the houses are closely balanced in numbers. They don't have 1 house with 200 students and another with 50 all trying to earn as many house points as possible against each other.

Taylorash9 ~ I see what you mean but KI has told us there are more storm wizards than any other and the second most popular schools are almost tied (fire and death). With accounts only allowing 6 wizards even those players who want to play every school have had to leave one school out per account and even if we could all have 7 there are still going to be more of the popular schools as many people do not fill all their wizard slots.

EG. I have 2 main accounts. I have storm, fire and life on BOTH; balance & myth on one and death & ice on the other. Straight away storm, fire and life have double the wizards competing than balance, death, myth and ice.

I'd want to sign up all my wizards but if we were only allowed to choose one, I'd choose storm - it's my easiest to complete tasks on quickly.

General response ~ I'm not being awkward, I'm trying to point out an obvious bias with our choices of schools that could tip the competition's balance and looking for ways it could be done fairly to all schools

I've only had 2 ideas so far but don't see either being popular:

1. randomly generated so numbers were consistently balanced ~ "Your myth wizard has been selected to take part in..." but I think a lot of players would be unhappy with the selection or not being able to do it on all their wizards.

2. Prizes ranked within the school (eg top 20%, next 20% etc) - but people who play less would be upset at having no chance of getting the top prizes. It's also not school v school.

I like the idea of a house competition and hope we can think of a way that would make it work fairly

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
I'm sure KI would come up with a solution.

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
This sounds like a really fun idea actually ^^

Explorer
May 13, 2018