Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The beguile spell is annoying to use.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2013
The beguile spell and other spells that turn opponents on your side for a turn arent useful much because of the problems they have. First off, if an opponent casts a shield or other supporting spell that round, they will go on themselves and the spell is wasted. The opponents also tend to pass, wasting the spell. If the spell is cast when there is only one opponent, they will not attack themselves. Also, during the period that the opponent is helping you, you cannot attack them besides AOE spells. For some reason, this spell also lets you put a shield on that enemy so now your teammates can decide to troll everyone if they'd like. I suggest that all spells that the affected opponent use like shields and such, will instead go on the castor. Also, the opponent would use the most pip-heavy spell it can use, so we don't have you using a three-pip spell only for them to use a wand or something. The spells the opponent use should also be able to target themselves, and your team could also target them.

(a little note, if you click back to fix a word that you typed before it will delete a letter for every letter you type. This got a little annoying)

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
The typing error you're describing at the end of your post doesn't seem like a message board issue. That usually happens to me if I accidentally toggle the "Insert" button on my keyboard. Try pressing it again to make sure it's off - sometimes you can hit it by mistake.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
shadowcat427 on Jul 12, 2018 wrote:
The beguile spell and other spells that turn opponents on your side for a turn arent useful much because of the problems they have. First off, if an opponent casts a shield or other supporting spell that round, they will go on themselves and the spell is wasted. The opponents also tend to pass, wasting the spell. If the spell is cast when there is only one opponent, they will not attack themselves. Also, during the period that the opponent is helping you, you cannot attack them besides AOE spells. For some reason, this spell also lets you put a shield on that enemy so now your teammates can decide to troll everyone if they'd like. I suggest that all spells that the affected opponent use like shields and such, will instead go on the castor. Also, the opponent would use the most pip-heavy spell it can use, so we don't have you using a three-pip spell only for them to use a wand or something. The spells the opponent use should also be able to target themselves, and your team could also target them.

(a little note, if you click back to fix a word that you typed before it will delete a letter for every letter you type. This got a little annoying)
The word 'beguile' has 2 meanings:

1. to charm or enchant someone (usually through deceptive means)
2. to help pass time pleasantly

The beguile spell can do both or either. I think it is named perfectly

We know that while an enemy is beguiled they can not hurt us, they can't use any of their negative spells against us. They might accidentally do something to help us, perhaps even attacking their own team Even if they pass or do something seemingly small, we passed some time pleasantly, knowing they can do us no harm while we prepare to defeat them.

I quite enjoy that it can also backfire and change up the dynamics of the battle. When an enemy beguiles us and their team attacks, leaving us alive when we could have been defeated. When we've beguiled them and then can't defeat them until they switch back to their own side, or we need a multi heal and have to include them in the heal. I have put in a multi heal before and boom, they go and beguile me before I cast it...noooooo!

As for team mates being given opportunity to troll...well I'm not sure that is so much about the spell but about the team. If they deliberately use it to hurt the team they're already not on your side really. Sometimes it can be misused in this way for fun too. My daughter loved the opportunity in Shane Von Shane to hit me with bugs along with the enemy! I'd also try to do something against her while I was playing traitor (but as I was healer and she was hitter, she generally got an imp or wand from me). We'd never do it to any other team mate and sitting side by side irl we'd be laughing our heads off. She would only defeat me in a battle where I didn't need any drops too...and me missing some drops I don't need to have the whole team laughing was always worth it

Honestly, I love Beguile, and Confusion is even more fun as it forces us to play and messes with who we're targeting when we do choose. I'm hoping these spells are used more by our enemies in future

Survivor
May 02, 2013
Victoria FireHeart on Jul 13, 2018 wrote:
The word 'beguile' has 2 meanings:

1. to charm or enchant someone (usually through deceptive means)
2. to help pass time pleasantly

The beguile spell can do both or either. I think it is named perfectly

We know that while an enemy is beguiled they can not hurt us, they can't use any of their negative spells against us. They might accidentally do something to help us, perhaps even attacking their own team Even if they pass or do something seemingly small, we passed some time pleasantly, knowing they can do us no harm while we prepare to defeat them.

I quite enjoy that it can also backfire and change up the dynamics of the battle. When an enemy beguiles us and their team attacks, leaving us alive when we could have been defeated. When we've beguiled them and then can't defeat them until they switch back to their own side, or we need a multi heal and have to include them in the heal. I have put in a multi heal before and boom, they go and beguile me before I cast it...noooooo!

As for team mates being given opportunity to troll...well I'm not sure that is so much about the spell but about the team. If they deliberately use it to hurt the team they're already not on your side really. Sometimes it can be misused in this way for fun too. My daughter loved the opportunity in Shane Von Shane to hit me with bugs along with the enemy! I'd also try to do something against her while I was playing traitor (but as I was healer and she was hitter, she generally got an imp or wand from me). We'd never do it to any other team mate and sitting side by side irl we'd be laughing our heads off. She would only defeat me in a battle where I didn't need any drops too...and me missing some drops I don't need to have the whole team laughing was always worth it

Honestly, I love Beguile, and Confusion is even more fun as it forces us to play and messes with who we're targeting when we do choose. I'm hoping these spells are used more by our enemies in future
Ok, but it really doesn't seem like its worth three pips if it works like that. A stun would be a little more useful and cost fewer pips because of how unreliable the enemy attack is, and because you can attack it while its stunned unlike beguile. To me, the spell needs to either cost fewer pips or be fixed in the way I was talking about.

Survivor
May 02, 2013
Vanessa Mythdust on Jul 13, 2018 wrote:
The typing error you're describing at the end of your post doesn't seem like a message board issue. That usually happens to me if I accidentally toggle the "Insert" button on my keyboard. Try pressing it again to make sure it's off - sometimes you can hit it by mistake.
Oh ok, thanks. I thought this was just a common problem with forums because it happened on other forums too, and I got confused.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
shadowcat427 on Jul 14, 2018 wrote:
Ok, but it really doesn't seem like its worth three pips if it works like that. A stun would be a little more useful and cost fewer pips because of how unreliable the enemy attack is, and because you can attack it while its stunned unlike beguile. To me, the spell needs to either cost fewer pips or be fixed in the way I was talking about.
I see what you mean but a lot of enemies are stun immune so it wouldn't work as a substitute in those battles. It also allows for their team to accidentally kill them...when you see them about to do bugs it can be well worth the 3 pips to have them use it against their own team instead of yours.

Survivor
May 02, 2013
Victoria FireHeart on Jul 15, 2018 wrote:
I see what you mean but a lot of enemies are stun immune so it wouldn't work as a substitute in those battles. It also allows for their team to accidentally kill them...when you see them about to do bugs it can be well worth the 3 pips to have them use it against their own team instead of yours.
Okay, I get that now. I still don't get why you can't attack the beguiled enemy though. If you don't mind I made a post about that before I wrote this. I don't know if I should remove it or not though.