Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chat offense excuses

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I take reporting chat exploits very seriously. In fact, I think the only reason I'm not a Hall Monitor is because I like my "victims" to know who did it. But some of the people I've reported have tried to justify themselves somehow, saying it was acceptable because such and such. Here are some of the reasons I've heard:

- Was on the Test Realm, so it doesn't count.
- Thought there were no younger players around to hear. (For the record, I don't know how that guy reasoned that I was mature enough)
- Wasn't saying it to someone else and I should mind my own business.

I know posts on the message board have to go through a censor, so could whoever is approving this one ask Dworgyn or someone to come here and verify that these loopholes are not valid?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
average moe on Jul 12, 2018 wrote:
I take reporting chat exploits very seriously. In fact, I think the only reason I'm not a Hall Monitor is because I like my "victims" to know who did it. But some of the people I've reported have tried to justify themselves somehow, saying it was acceptable because such and such. Here are some of the reasons I've heard:

- Thought there were no younger players around to hear. (For the record, I don't know how that guy reasoned that I was mature enough)

I know posts on the message board have to go through a censor, so could whoever is approving this one ask Dworgyn or someone to come here and verify that these loopholes are not valid?
I don't think we should give much credence to what a reported person says about being exempt from the terms of use. The only reason/excuse that could be relevant is between the account holder and KI...but KI checks logs and doesn't need to just take anyone's word for what was said.

Nowhere in the Spiral is exempt from the family friendly terms set out by KI. I can't imagine they'd ever make anywhere exempt because it goes against the reputation they have built as a safe, fun company providing family friendly games.

I met a kid who told me he was the 'King of Scotland'...I don't think that was true either

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
average moe on Jul 12, 2018 wrote:

There is no valid excuse. As long as you are not abusing the system keep doing what you're doing. It doesn't matter what realm or server or if it's a private message. If it's inappropriate it's inappropriate. As a member you are doing a good job of helping maintain the civility and order of the game. I applaud your efforts and reiterate that none of those are really excuses. Also keep in mind that someone from KI does go through the chat logs and looks at each report so they'll ultimately make a judgement.