Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hud

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 14, 2010
With the new changes coming to Wizard City it got me thinking, i think if the hud got improved and changed it could really make the game feel different, and improved, and even visually stunning, i dont mean an entire layout change, but the looks of it, what do u think?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
For those of us who have no idea what you're talking about....

What is "HUD?"

In what way would you suggest changing or improving it?

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
HUD stands for "Heads Up Display" and refers to the icons (like the book in the corner) that we the player interact with or look at (HP/mana, enemy HP/wards and charms) I don't know where it started but its an abbreviation I come across mainly in instruction booklets for games or the odd forum

On that note I feel one important update they could add to it is a clickable button to check traps,wards, charms etc so that its not some "hidden" feature that is either never found, found by accident or found when the frustrated player google searches if there is a way to check these things in the future.

Heck even adding a point in the tutorial that it show cases it existence would somewhat remedy the issue

EG: After Merle gets you to blade or the enemy casts weakness, have him direct you to hover your mouse to look at the charm that just got cast.
(As I finish this I get a nagging feeling that this might be mentioned in one of Diegos' duel lessons but I honestly have not done them since my first wiz did wizard city)

Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
Stealthhawk129 on Jul 10, 2018 wrote:
HUD stands for "Heads Up Display" and refers to the icons (like the book in the corner) that we the player interact with or look at (HP/mana, enemy HP/wards and charms) I don't know where it started but its an abbreviation I come across mainly in instruction booklets for games or the odd forum

On that note I feel one important update they could add to it is a clickable button to check traps,wards, charms etc so that its not some "hidden" feature that is either never found, found by accident or found when the frustrated player google searches if there is a way to check these things in the future.

Heck even adding a point in the tutorial that it show cases it existence would somewhat remedy the issue

EG: After Merle gets you to blade or the enemy casts weakness, have him direct you to hover your mouse to look at the charm that just got cast.
(As I finish this I get a nagging feeling that this might be mentioned in one of Diegos' duel lessons but I honestly have not done them since my first wiz did wizard city)
There IS a way to check those things - hover over the circle next to your name in combat

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Stealthhawk129 on Jul 10, 2018 wrote:

Thank you! That explained it very well.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
BenjaminTaleHunter on Jul 10, 2018 wrote:
There IS a way to check those things - hover over the circle next to your name in combat
Ah sorry, I am aware that it exists but feel that it is more of a hidden mechanic when it shouldn't be. The number of people who don't know it exists, even in the later worlds, is kinda surprising

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Thank you Freshta for asking (I skipped this thread because I was too lazy to work out what it was about lol) and thanks StealthHawk for explaining!

@StealthHawk ~ I agree about clicking to see the charms/wards etc, it's a very tiny area and I sometimes waste too long trying to find it while selecting spells. I think it was added in a fairly recent update and i love the feature. I'd use it more if it were easier to access quickly. If it hasn't been added into the tutorials I hope KI does...it's very useful and easy to miss otherwise.

@Kamikrazie ~ If they update the HUD (haha used a new expression for the first time!) then I hope they also pop in a second set of 'mark location' and 'teleport to mark'...I'd LOVE to have that option, especially for running between NPCs as I pass their conversation back and forth. It would be massively useful at lots of other times too

What changes were you thinking about when you made the thread?

Survivor
Jan 14, 2010
Victoria FireHeart on Jul 11, 2018 wrote:
Thank you Freshta for asking (I skipped this thread because I was too lazy to work out what it was about lol) and thanks StealthHawk for explaining!

@StealthHawk ~ I agree about clicking to see the charms/wards etc, it's a very tiny area and I sometimes waste too long trying to find it while selecting spells. I think it was added in a fairly recent update and i love the feature. I'd use it more if it were easier to access quickly. If it hasn't been added into the tutorials I hope KI does...it's very useful and easy to miss otherwise.

@Kamikrazie ~ If they update the HUD (haha used a new expression for the first time!) then I hope they also pop in a second set of 'mark location' and 'teleport to mark'...I'd LOVE to have that option, especially for running between NPCs as I pass their conversation back and forth. It would be massively useful at lots of other times too

What changes were you thinking about when you made the thread?
Generally i was thinking about improvements that could be made to the HUD, just a visual update! It could really change the feel of the game because the HUD is always there