Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
I have a max level death (125) and his critical is currently 499. I also have a level 73 myth in Avalon. On my myth i wanted a separate set of gear just for critical. I got the gear and his critical came out to 238. I looked at the percentage, and it said i have a 39% chance of critical. On my death with 499 critical, it said I have a 35% chance of critical, and for my level or compared to other people I help or quest with, I critical a fairly low amount on my death. Max storms I see typically have somewhere near 850, coming out to a 100% chance, 499 is well over half of that, so shouldn't I have anywhere from a 55% to anywhere in the 60's for my critical percentage? Unless I just get unlucky, what's going on, and why is my critical percentage so low?

If any of you are experiencing this also, or know what's going on, please comment and tell me possible fixes, thanks!
-James MythWhisper

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Your critical goes down as you level so it’s actually easier for a lower level wizard to make full or close to full critical. It will also depend on you gear. I’m a full lever fire wizard and I believe the best I can do is get mine to about 93% which is about 800 something. I could probably get full critical (100%) but I would have to sacrifice pips or acc or something else. I’m not surprised if you saw s storm with 100% and still had other good stats as this game favors storms over all other schools and always has.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
The game doesn't so much favor storm as storm damage and crit, since storm is a school focused on dealing massive damage quickly. It definitely doesn't favor them when it comes to health and resistance.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Lol everyone knows this game favors storm and what do ya need health and resistance for when you can kill everything so fast. Also just FYI I have plenty of storm friends that have more than enough health and resistance.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
Blaze Moonspear on Jul 5, 2018 wrote:
The game doesn't so much favor storm as storm damage and crit, since storm is a school focused on dealing massive damage quickly. It definitely doesn't favor them when it comes to health and resistance.
I figured out what the problem was, it was an update that they made a couple of years ago. Back then critical had more of a chance of going through if the enemy had less block than you had critical, same goes for block, if you have more block than the enemy does critical, you have more of a chance to block their critical. But in the update they made critical and block percentages completely random, and the actual number doesn't matter, if you ever wonder why you see everyone going for critical instead of evening out critical and block (first of all people generally like critical more) it's because block has pretty much been rendered useless since that update. Block has a much lower chance even with higher percentage to block the critical. But both percentages vary, so you either get lucky with the percentages or you don't, my percentage is low, so I got unlucky. Correct me if i'm wrong but that's what I think the problem is.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Your right about the change they did as I was pretty upset but they did not make it completely random your numbers are still relevant. If you can get to 100% critical which is over800 something on the numbers you will always critical the enemy can still block you depending on their numbers. My wiz has a 93% chance to critical and almost always goes. So your numbers and percentages are not random st all. Also most people go for power after that update as critical was a lot harder to come by since they made it go down with your level.