Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest trouble

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2016
Hi!

I have been working on the quest "Burning Books" for some time now. I have made it to the point where Mr Incinerator has to be defeated. I have tried multiple times with different strategies but failed each time. I was hoping someone could assist me please?

Survivor
Feb 14, 2013
Star Edward is correct, this quest is solo. The strategy he outlined will work, good luck with your quest!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
So, the quest you're doing is a school only quest.

School only quests are usually solo entry only where friends are barred from teleporting to you in the instance you're currently in.

As a result, you must take down Mr. Incinerator on your own.

As you know, he has a Minion which also happens to know spells such as Storm Shark.

So, you'll have to be smart about using your storm shields.

So, if you've crowns:

Hire a few henchmen, the level 20 ones will work fine. They are just bait to the attacker's attention.
Blade up - Fireblade, Elemental Blades, Treasure Card Versions etc.
Shield when necessary. If you notice the boss's pips building and he already has a few traps on your or charms; shield!
Use a treasure card Feint on the boss and use firetraps as well on both enemies.
Buy some Giant Treasures and enchant your Meteor Strike.
Use it, if you fizzle, discard, draw and try again.
Pack a few Sunbirds as well along with fairies.
A well enchanted Meteor should dispatch the minion in one shot and seriously hurt the boss.
Finish him off with a bladed Sunbird etc.
Shield in between rounds.
If you're below half health; heal.

No Crowns:
Apply the same strategy.
Ensure you're first. - It helps!
Also, wear school only level appropriate gear!

Good Luck!

Survivor
Jun 30, 2016
Star Edward on Jun 11, 2018 wrote:
So, the quest you're doing is a school only quest.

School only quests are usually solo entry only where friends are barred from teleporting to you in the instance you're currently in.

As a result, you must take down Mr. Incinerator on your own.

As you know, he has a Minion which also happens to know spells such as Storm Shark.

So, you'll have to be smart about using your storm shields.

So, if you've crowns:

Hire a few henchmen, the level 20 ones will work fine. They are just bait to the attacker's attention.
Blade up - Fireblade, Elemental Blades, Treasure Card Versions etc.
Shield when necessary. If you notice the boss's pips building and he already has a few traps on your or charms; shield!
Use a treasure card Feint on the boss and use firetraps as well on both enemies.
Buy some Giant Treasures and enchant your Meteor Strike.
Use it, if you fizzle, discard, draw and try again.
Pack a few Sunbirds as well along with fairies.
A well enchanted Meteor should dispatch the minion in one shot and seriously hurt the boss.
Finish him off with a bladed Sunbird etc.
Shield in between rounds.
If you're below half health; heal.

No Crowns:
Apply the same strategy.
Ensure you're first. - It helps!
Also, wear school only level appropriate gear!

Good Luck!

Thanks so much! I will just have to keep trying I guess

Survivor
Jun 30, 2016
macbrooke on Jun 11, 2018 wrote:
Star Edward is correct, this quest is solo. The strategy he outlined will work, good luck with your quest!
Hi! Thanks for the offer! I am the time zone GMT +2:00 (which is 7 hours ahead of Central Time) I won't be online until 18:00 (11:00 CT). Even though you won't be able to help me with this quest, maybe we can befriend each other

Survivor
Jun 30, 2016
UPDATE: I just defeated him! I went for the Clinker first with immolate and then fire-elf. I did as Star Edward had said and packed extra pixies and filled my treasure cards with Storm and Myth shields (luckily I didn't have to buy anything). I'm ecstatic to have finally defeated him!