Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team Play

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 27, 2013
I have a couple of observations on the Team Play protocol.

The badges were a great idea to help encourage players to team up. It seems to me that the number of people visiting the kiosk has most certainly increased.

Unfortunately I have also noticed an troubling trend. High level characters crowd the lower level dungeons (sometimes rudely running roughshod over the lower level characters), while upper level dungeons go greatly wanting. I’ve waited nearly an hour in Avalon to have just one person help out. I have actually heard upper level characters pleading for help for high level dungeons, while waiting at the kiosk... in the meantime people cram into Wizard City combats as fast as they can.

So comes the question, why are the dungeons not weighted? (Or am I missing something?) It would make sense that the higher the level of combat, the more noteworthy and thus should be more valuable. But right now it seems to be a bit of a free for all, rather than ‘team play.’

Thanks!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2013
YES. I cannot recall the number of times a higher level has rushed into battle to defeat a lower level boss when the lower level did not make it into the dueling circle on time, thus making the lower level REDO the instance. I the idea of weighting the dungeons. Perhaps higher level dungeons, or ones that take longer, could count as 3 team-ups while lower level, easy dungeons would only count as 1 team-up.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Fandango739 on Jun 11, 2018 wrote:
I have a couple of observations on the Team Play protocol.

The badges were a great idea to help encourage players to team up. It seems to me that the number of people visiting the kiosk has most certainly increased.

Unfortunately I have also noticed an troubling trend. High level characters crowd the lower level dungeons (sometimes rudely running roughshod over the lower level characters), while upper level dungeons go greatly wanting. I’ve waited nearly an hour in Avalon to have just one person help out. I have actually heard upper level characters pleading for help for high level dungeons, while waiting at the kiosk... in the meantime people cram into Wizard City combats as fast as they can.

So comes the question, why are the dungeons not weighted? (Or am I missing something?) It would make sense that the higher the level of combat, the more noteworthy and thus should be more valuable. But right now it seems to be a bit of a free for all, rather than ‘team play.’

Thanks!
The badges open up the ability to buy items from Derrick Blaze. I think it would be really cool if new badges and new items were added to his inventory. Perhaps badges for teaming up in each of the different worlds with cool items to buy once they're achieved?

I think it would help spread out some of the high level players across the worlds, give them new targets and reward them for their effort.

What do you think?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I agree, Team-up system needs to be fixed.. The way it works now, battles take the fun away from lower level wizards when a much higher level one defeats in the first 2 rounds. I think the wizards level should show next to their school's icon while in team-up mode.