Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Connectivity problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
For some reason when I play wizard101 I get horrible connection that makes me lag. This lag has caused me to lose connection during battle, missed SEVERAL rounds in battle, and forced me to wait several minutes just to go to different areas. When I play other online games my connection is great, but when I play wizard101 this happens all the time. I can't quest or do anything with this constant lag. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
http://kingsisle.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/kingsisle.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=42

Try these troubleshooting steps:

1) Turn off your Quest Helper. You can do this by pressing 'ctrl-T' on your keyboard. This is for level 125 characters primarily.

2) Reset your network by doing the following:

a) Turn off your computer, router and modem and leave them off for 5 minutes

b) Turn them back on in this order; modem, router, computer

3) Try turning off unnecessary applications (bit torrent programs, live streaming, itunes, active browsers in the background ). Having multiple applications running at once can slow down your computer.

4) Verify that your graphics card is in line with the system requirements.

5) Update your drivers, especially your graphics drivers. If you are unfamiliar with how to do so please check with your computer manufacturer's support department. Your computer's manufacturer is best equipped to advise how to keep your system running in optimum condition.

If this continues to be an issue, please contact Customer Support for more assistance.

Email: support@wizard101.com
Web: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game