Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth mobs

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 09, 2018
This can go for any world Celestia and up, but Zafaria is currently the worst offender when it comes to Myth mobs spamming Earthquake. Worlds higher up are easier to deal with because your critical rating is higher and you can quickly drop mobs with that, and worlds below you rarely even see the spell. But in Zafaria, there really isn't that much crit gear, and to do a good amount of damage you generally have to blade up.

Around half the time when a myth mob or boss gets 6+ pips, they will use earthquake. I'd like to see this rate lowered to maybe 15% at the highest - it's drastic, but Zafaria can be made very tough and unenjoyable for wizards trying to adjust their playstyle.

I have debated using traps over blades, but I usually use Snow Angel for my attack, so that would mean I'd have to have 4 traps laid down to get in maximum damage.

Just a little suggestion to make gameplay less annoying.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I agree in part. I HATE getting Quaked, however, it IS appropriate. When you play a myth character, that's the best AoE you get till Darkmoor. We spam it, why shouldnt the monsters? The same thing with Sirens and storm mobs. Once you hit a certain world, they spam the heck out of it. Every school has a spell that gets spammed for a little while, and once you get past that world, it seems to level out. How about Ice and Frost Giant? Those fire mobs in Polaris on River of Frozen Tears spam the heck out of accuracy debuffs. It's totally annoying to be spammed on, but it's legit and I'm fine with it. You just need to change your strategy going from blades to traps, or figure out another way to hit with blades faster.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
dayerider on May 24, 2018 wrote:
I agree in part. I HATE getting Quaked, however, it IS appropriate. When you play a myth character, that's the best AoE you get till Darkmoor. We spam it, why shouldnt the monsters? The same thing with Sirens and storm mobs. Once you hit a certain world, they spam the heck out of it. Every school has a spell that gets spammed for a little while, and once you get past that world, it seems to level out. How about Ice and Frost Giant? Those fire mobs in Polaris on River of Frozen Tears spam the heck out of accuracy debuffs. It's totally annoying to be spammed on, but it's legit and I'm fine with it. You just need to change your strategy going from blades to traps, or figure out another way to hit with blades faster.
My current strategy is that of one you'd most likely have to use against Sylster in Waterworks, being using an iceblade and an elemental blade and then hitting before they get 6 pips. I've always got to have pips, though. If I don't have them then my strategy will not work. And like I said, traps would be a great strategy if my best AOE was not also a DOT.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Don't waste time with elemental blade as it east pips and delays your attack. Use treasure blades instead. You'll save a pip and thus can hit faster. Also, try to find a pet that gives an item card school blade. This will give you multiple options of free blades. The triblade spells are useful, but they cost a pip and if it is imperative to hit faster, you're causing yourself more pain.