Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skipping Worlds In Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Would you agree to pay a high amount of crowns to skip on a world in Wizard101? Which worlds would u prefer to skip?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Star Gator on May 23, 2018 wrote:
Would you agree to pay a high amount of crowns to skip on a world in Wizard101? Which worlds would u prefer to skip?
I'd rather have an elixir that leveled me up so I could continue in the next worlds. Skipping a world without being able to continue in the next wouldn't seem very practical.

If skipping worlds were the only part available, I'd skip Dragonspyre, Celestia, and the one with the zebras. I didn't enjoy the one with the bugs much either. The collection quests really slow things down for me because there's no end in sight doing them. It might take a few tries or what feels like 100. Removing or reducing (increasing payoff odds in) collection quests would help speed those worlds up enormously.

I also dislike cheating bosses and bosses that spawn endless minions, or bosses that punish for common things such as a blade or a trap, or bosses that can hit endlessly. There's no way to beat those bosses except to beg some higher level to go with you and use their strategy. There's nothing about that, that I like.

My ideal game if I'm honest is a sandbox in which I can just noodle and experiment and explore or maybe create, endlessly. The battles in most games are a means to an end.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Star Gator on May 23, 2018 wrote:
It depends how much 'a high amount' means but if there was a skip world option I would be very tempted to skip Marleybone!

There are no other worlds I'd skip and fortunately it's a pretty quick one but I still find myself rushing through it and relieved when it's complete...actually I might also be tempted to skip Pigswick just because it feels like a lot of running about and talking without very much fighting but I don't think I would because I like the milestone of conquering the Tower of the Helephant!

How about you, any you would skip? I'm interested to hear what other people say too

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Victoria FireHeart on May 24, 2018 wrote:
It depends how much 'a high amount' means but if there was a skip world option I would be very tempted to skip Marleybone!

There are no other worlds I'd skip and fortunately it's a pretty quick one but I still find myself rushing through it and relieved when it's complete...actually I might also be tempted to skip Pigswick just because it feels like a lot of running about and talking without very much fighting but I don't think I would because I like the milestone of conquering the Tower of the Helephant!

How about you, any you would skip? I'm interested to hear what other people say too
I believe the cost should equal to and depend on how long the world generally takes, its level of difficulty and how many areas there are in that world.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
deathsummoner4 on May 25, 2018 wrote:
I believe the cost should equal to and depend on how long the world generally takes, its level of difficulty and how many areas there are in that world.
Please no because then KI will have every incentive to make worlds longer and harder.

I much prefer variety and nothing lasting too long. Just my opinion.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
SparkleTude on May 24, 2018 wrote:
I'd rather have an elixir that leveled me up so I could continue in the next worlds. Skipping a world without being able to continue in the next wouldn't seem very practical.

If skipping worlds were the only part available, I'd skip Dragonspyre, Celestia, and the one with the zebras. I didn't enjoy the one with the bugs much either. The collection quests really slow things down for me because there's no end in sight doing them. It might take a few tries or what feels like 100. Removing or reducing (increasing payoff odds in) collection quests would help speed those worlds up enormously.

I also dislike cheating bosses and bosses that spawn endless minions, or bosses that punish for common things such as a blade or a trap, or bosses that can hit endlessly. There's no way to beat those bosses except to beg some higher level to go with you and use their strategy. There's nothing about that, that I like.

My ideal game if I'm honest is a sandbox in which I can just noodle and experiment and explore or maybe create, endlessly. The battles in most games are a means to an end.
Agreed.

I don't know if I'd want to skip any worlds. But there are a few bosses I'd love to be able to pay crowns for skipping.

Cheating bosses are the worst addition to the game.

Steven Ghoststalker

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
SparkleTude on May 25, 2018 wrote:
Please no because then KI will have every incentive to make worlds longer and harder.

I much prefer variety and nothing lasting too long. Just my opinion.
Oh yeah, I never thought about that. Oopsies.

But a Skip World Elixir would undoubtedly be expensive, I'm not sure if I'd want to spend Crowns on it although I would like to.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2015
I do not like the idea of skipping worlds at all.

In my opinion, what's the point of playing the game if you're just going to skip through the worlds? I feel like it takes away from the experience as well as it skips through the storyline.

Sure, there are a few worlds that I personally don't like (*cough*Celestia*cough cough*) But that doesn't mean I'd be willing to spend crowns (crowns = real life money) just to skip over it.

I don't know.. I just don't think spending crowns just to skip one world is very practical.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2011
Personally, I would skip Marleybone and possibly Moo-Shu. I liked Moo-Shu, but it was really hard, being that I main on a myth wizard. I've never really cared for Marleybone, honestly. The scenery is kind of dark and I didn't like how all of the cats seemed to be evil. I really like cats, so this made me dislike Marleybone

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Depends how much the Elixir will go for. I would probably skip Marleybone, Wysteria, Grizzlehiem but not Wintertusk and maybe Dragonspyre: I can't stand the questing music and seeing nothing but mostly purple, red and orange. I'm not interested to much in the Storyline in the other 3. Skipping those worlds would also depends if I have to go back to them for a spell quest.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
HeyitsBerly on May 25, 2018 wrote:

In my opinion, what's the point of playing the game if you're just going to skip through the worlds? I feel like it takes away from the experience as well as it skips through the storyline.

Sure, there are a few worlds that I personally don't like (*cough*Celestia*cough cough*) But that doesn't mean I'd be willing to spend crowns (crowns = real life money) just to skip over it.

I don't know.. I just don't think spending crowns just to skip one world is very practical.
To me the point is that a paying customer (in my opinion) should be free to pick and choose how they wish to spend their time and money, both of which most of us possess in limited quantities.

There's no reason things have to be so linear and some of us take a more modular approach to fun.
I personally think that the more customizable entertainment is, the more successful it will be, in ensuing years.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
HeyitsBerly on May 25, 2018 wrote:

I made some assumptions when I read the OP's post. I assumed that a skip world elixir would function in the same way as the Level 50 elixir works - eg completes storyline/spell quests, grants the appropriate number of training points, adds the XP to your wizard so you're level appropriate for the next world and must have been completed on another wizard on the account to qualify. I also assumed it would be limited use to prevent anyone from simply skipping their way through to max level.

I totally understand your viewpoint on skipping ANY content because I love questing and the only world I don't enjoy so much is a quick one anyway. I'd never buy the Level 50 elixir because I love those quests and worlds so for me it would be paying for less. For some people though, especially when they have lots of wizards, the cost of skipping those lower levels is well worth it, so I'm glad it is available for them if they want it.

I think there are a lot of players with multiple wizards or multiple accounts who would love the opportunity to skip a single world they didn't enjoy the first/first few times they did it, and at the right price it could be quite profitable. I know several players who have maxed wizards and although they would have liked to make more wizards could not face running through Krok again etc...they wanted to get to more challenging content they enjoyed more. They were playing less and less as they didn't have any new content left to challenge them and getting a new wizard to fun content seemed too arduous. They were sooooo happy when the Level 50 elixir came out and not only did they pay their 30k crowns per wizard they also stayed playing the game and paying into it because they want things for their new wizards

I haven't heard of anyone quitting because of the elixir but I know a lot of people who stayed because of it!

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I'm going to state something very unpopular: every chapter of a story is important, your experiences in the "annoying" worlds give you a view point and those levels help you gain powers to meet the next challenge. NO SKIPPING! Imagine skipping chapters in a Harry Potter book, or any other saga, if you skip you miss something & it could be important.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
anecorbie on Aug 18, 2018 wrote:
I'm going to state something very unpopular: every chapter of a story is important, your experiences in the "annoying" worlds give you a view point and those levels help you gain powers to meet the next challenge. NO SKIPPING! Imagine skipping chapters in a Harry Potter book, or any other saga, if you skip you miss something & it could be important.
I don't think it matters as long as the player has completed the content before. It's a bit like reading the Prisoner Of Azkaban again without having to read the Philosopher's Stone and The Chamber Of Secrets again first. I love Harry Potter and have read the books and watched the films so many times I could jump into it at any point and know where I was in the story line. Some players feel like this about the worlds of The Spiral

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
or how about when you skip worlds you get the zeke quests done instead of having to go back, do the world anyways to unlock the areas, then do the zeke that way thus eliminating the point of the dang leveling potion, but no, kings isle doesnt care hence why none of these messages will ever be addressed or even cared about