Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should We Have Lvl 100 Elixir?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Star Gator on May 20, 2018 wrote:
Hello stars,
It's about time we all should suggest about one of the biggest questions we all talk about:
Should we make a lvl 100 Elixir? In my opinion, there are good reasons why we should, and reasons why we shouldn't:

The good reasons are, people these days, sometimes get tired of questing when they get to the high lvs, like 80-90, and the worlds become harder to pass. Also new players might quit in the middle of the gameplay, because KI will keep make new worlds and the game will never end, Though, Kingsisle are trying to make fun worlds and better wolrds than they made before, and they want to continue the story line for the people who already passed all these worlds. But once you complete all the worlds, and you make a new char, you have to make all the way right back to the top, and it can be less interesting and fun than the first time, then people will just give up at the middle, or maybe quit.
The reasons why we maybe shouldn't are, new players will maybe rather buy the Eixir instead of completing the story line, and they will miss it, and all the basic stuff you need to know about the game, like fishing, different types of spells, pvp, and more..
I would like to hear what u have to say about it ~Arcanum Lore
Players missing stuff isn't a concern, because you have to already have at least 1 wizard that is Level 50 already on the account in order to qualify for the potion. Anyway, I suppprt this idea. A Level 100 potion could cost twice as much but also have twice the benefits of a Level 50 potion, I.e. giving you 2 mounts and pets instead of 1 like the Lvl 50 potion does.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
deathsummoner4 on May 21, 2018 wrote:
I think this is a great idea once a few more worlds are released, but I highly doubt it will be cheap lol. I understand the feeling of having to completely quest another character again and it gets very repetitive as you've already gone through it before, even with the level 50 elixir. There should be some requirements to buy this elixir though, like having two high level characters (at least level 100) for example to qualify, so that new players or those who only have low level-mid level characters as their highest won't miss out on the storyline or simply just for the sake of skipping everything to get to max level.
The only requirement to buy this potion should be one Level 100 wizard, just like the Level 50 potion. Also, most people skip dialogue anyway. I don't think they should, but that's reality.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Heuna on May 21, 2018 wrote:
I've never really cared for the elixir's to begin with, so I am reluctant to say ok to an 100 elixir. Level 50 is one thing, its the basic levels being skipped. If you go to 100, then you skip over the more difficult worlds. Sure an experienced player can handle it, but I think its crucial to learn how to play your class, which levels 50-100 is the perfect time to do.
Now this is a good point. If someone hasn't played the element before and they skip to Level 100 they could be terrible at the element. However, I don't think this request should be neglected on this basis. Simply informing people of that risk while providing the elixir is good enough.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Victoria FireHeart on May 22, 2018 wrote:
I agree with this ~ skipping too much of the content doesn't allow players to learn their school and strategies that they will need for higher levels and working with higher level teams.

I've never considered buying the level 50 elixir because I am a player who enjoys even low level questing, but I absolutely see why it is available to those who want to skip ahead to more challenging content they will enjoy more. I'm glad it has been added even though personally I wouldn't use it.

Something I think might be very good would be a 'skip world' elixir with a limit to how many times it can be used per wizard. This would allow people who really don't enjoy a specific world to only have to do the content once but skip subsequent wizards past it. I think most of us have that one world we would like the option to bypass

I think it is far too premature for a level 100 elixir but in the future when there are still plenty of worlds beyond that point it may well become a viable option without dooming high level worlds and teams to an influx of wizards armed only with low-level strategy.
A skip world elixir is a stellar idea, but there shouldn't be any limits to its usage because there are natural limits. One elixir can skip one world, and the natural limit is that every time you skip a world you must pay crowns for the elixir. No need to add more limits.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
deathsummoner4 on May 22, 2018 wrote:
Not sure when they did release the level 50 elixir, but the reason why I said two is because I looked at it more from a business perspective. Although the level 100 elixir will give them tons of money back, it would probably be too easy for people to skip that far ahead on their other characters and I'm not certain if they would like that. It seems more reasonable for KI to probably want more players to have current reasons to be active, in order to keep Wizard101 alive. The longer you play, the more you will probably spend. Skipping to level 100 would probably not be an idea they'll be putting out there, but who knows, maybe they'll consider it one day. Also, leveling up two characters to level 100 isn't too bad. It makes you notice things that you probably would have missed or skipped the first time you quested. I know I missed out on a lot of things and small details in the storyline and only realized it when I quested my second character. Although I totally understand how long it takes to get there, it made me appreciate the game more actually and made more friends along the way whilst questing together so that's another reason why I said two. Whether it's one or two characters required, I'll be happy with either of them, it is up to KI.
Well one thing to consider is players, while questing in worlds they have already done, might cease to be active because of boredom. If they could just skip their wizard to Level 100, they might actually be more active because the wizard will get exposed to new content faster and experience less repetitive boredom.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Fable Finder on May 26, 2018 wrote:
Well one thing to consider is players, while questing in worlds they have already done, might cease to be active because of boredom. If they could just skip their wizard to Level 100, they might actually be more active because the wizard will get exposed to new content faster and experience less repetitive boredom.
True, but even though the idea of a Level 100 Elixir sounds great, I don't think the majority of us would consider purchasing or be able to afford it at such a high price, since it would most likely cost 60,000 Crowns with the Level 50 Elixir being half of that amount. I read someone's idea of a Skip World Elixir on one of the threads and it actually sounds better than having a Level 100 Elixir. Some worlds are pretty fun and short and I wouldn't mind going through them again for nostalgia, while some can be a bit too repetitive with their quests and drags on for ages so I'd definitely skip those if I were given the opportunity to.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Hopefully they'll be able to change the original cost of the level 50 elixir into something more affordable so that when the level 100 elixir does get added, it'd be far cheaper than what we originally expected for it to be.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Fable Finder on May 26, 2018 wrote:
Now this is a good point. If someone hasn't played the element before and they skip to Level 100 they could be terrible at the element. However, I don't think this request should be neglected on this basis. Simply informing people of that risk while providing the elixir is good enough.
Not sure what is meant by 'element' but it wasn't a problem with using the Level 50 elixir.

Whatever I felt I was missing I could use a search engine, ask in forums, or go back and do that part of that world, at my choosing.

For instance learning the sun, moon, star schools; if that type of thing were 'skipped' the person could be reminded to go and learn that.
We all had to learn Monstrology regardless of level or experience. It could be similar to that.

But I've been getting along fine without having had to do 25 levels on 5 wizards. (I'm not sure how many levels I skipped - but I'm estimating it at the outside. Some wizards were higher level than others.) I don't think I would've even played that often (If I had to keep on the slow way.) Even now I don't play as often as I used to. Why? I'm stuck in Empyrea on one wizard and I really disliked slogging through Celestia the first time and now have to do that on 5 other wizards at once.

I find some worlds are too long and/or repetitive and what can I say. Some of it isn't fun. I'm not trying to be whiny, just honest.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
deathsummoner4 on May 27, 2018 wrote:
True, but even though the idea of a Level 100 Elixir sounds great, I don't think the majority of us would consider purchasing or be able to afford it at such a high price, since it would most likely cost 60,000 Crowns with the Level 50 Elixir being half of that amount. I read someone's idea of a Skip World Elixir on one of the threads and it actually sounds better than having a Level 100 Elixir. Some worlds are pretty fun and short and I wouldn't mind going through them again for nostalgia, while some can be a bit too repetitive with their quests and drags on for ages so I'd definitely skip those if I were given the opportunity to.
But skipping worlds without leveling up accordingly means we would be underprepared for the next world because the game was designed in a linear fashion.

So it would have to be leveling and skipping at the same time. In some way.

Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
Yes! And while we're at it, let's add a level 150 elixir once there is a level 150! I think I need a fresh start.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Tylerwildpants on May 25, 2018 wrote:
You win today's Sarcasm hat, along with this humongous pot of glorious imaginary gold and crowns!
Of course such a potion would be silly, that I'd buy, and even get the Plus One Potion too; just to say I have them both ;P
Lol , yay! I love me some imaginary gold and crowns hehe . I'm very envious of the people who can actually afford such things so easily. I once saw a video on YouTube with more than 50 gauntlets and 50+ teleporters that all lead to different houses. It was crazy! o_o

And you know what? o: If this idea somehow gets to be implemented into the game, it should be a future anniversary gift for wizards who at least have membership at that time around and have been playing for at least a year, but I don't know...I think I may be wishing for too much here lol.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
SparkleTude on May 28, 2018 wrote:
But skipping worlds without leveling up accordingly means we would be underprepared for the next world because the game was designed in a linear fashion.

So it would have to be leveling and skipping at the same time. In some way.
That is true. Hmm...what if we just suggest this idea for an anniversary gift? Or am I asking for too much? Lol . This idea of a Level 100 Elixir has become more complicated than I originally thought it would be. XD Besides, I don't think I can even afford such a thing in the future. A Level 100 Elixir that costs 60k Crowns is basically like buying a yearly membership on its own when on sale lol. I'd probably be too broke, let alone the fact that I need to actually wait for when the Level 50 Elixir is on 50% off haha, how embarrassing.

Me: *opens wallet and flies come out*

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Ye we neeed one big time. I agree since it will become a bigger problem then more that are added (worlds)