Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Collections

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 15, 2012
I know we have fishing and its quite popular, but what about something else for people to collect? I suggested Bug/ Butterfly collecting with a magic butterfly net but that didn't seem to be real popular, what about bird catching or picture captures some how? I've managed to catch as many fish as I can at this point and well I'm looking for some other new fun wizard101 hobby. Any other ideas?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
ZombBone on May 17, 2018 wrote:
I know we have fishing and its quite popular, but what about something else for people to collect? I suggested Bug/ Butterfly collecting with a magic butterfly net but that didn't seem to be real popular, what about bird catching or picture captures some how? I've managed to catch as many fish as I can at this point and well I'm looking for some other new fun wizard101 hobby. Any other ideas?
I must have missed where/when you posted about the butterfly net idea for catching bugs/butterflies....I love this idea and think I'd really enjoy that!

I've also enjoyed catching all the fish on all my wizards and would enjoy a new side activity to challenge myself with. My wizards want butterfly nets!

Perhaps they could be called 'Flutterby Nets' to include things other than butterflies?

I've heard a couple of different stories as to the origin of the name 'butterfly' - one being about the colour of their wings being like butter; one that they were thought to steal butter; one that it was a mistake in a dictionary where 'flutterby' got mistakenly written as 'butterfly'....I don't know if there is truth to any of them but I kinda like the last one best

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
This would be a good idea only if Butterfly catching and fishing were updated to use a different kind of energy than pet training and gardening.

Steven Ghoststalker