Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need help transfering talents using the hatchery

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 08, 2011
Hello!

So Im currently trying to make a life pet for my life wizard.
I found a brown spider with some awsome talents and stats, but I want to have those talents on the enchanted armament pet.

I didnt own one, so what I did is, I just hatched a random pet with an enchanted armament on the hatchery so I could have the body to start transfering the talents. So I now have the enchanted armament (which I have no idea what talents it actually has, not that it matters). And I've been trying to hatch the enchanted armament with the brown spider, but my issue is, every single time that I've done it (5 so far), I get the brown spider hatchling, instead of the enchanted armament. And as far as I understand, I need the hatchling to be the armament to be able to continue trasnfering; so my question is, am I doing something wrong, or is it just that Im just really unlucky?

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
The hardest thing to get when starting from scratch is the stats. My advice is to get any max stat pet first (255 250 260 260 250). Once you have a max stat pet, then as long as you only hatch with max stat pets you are guaranteed that every other pet you get after that is also max stat. Two max stat parents will always get max stat children.

Once you have a max stat pet, get on the kiosk and hatch with max stat enchanted armaments that have the talents you want. I guarantee there will be max stat pets in there with the talents you want - you just might have to search for a while. Once you have a max stat enchanted armament then you are guaranteed that every hatch after that will also be a max stat enchanted armament.

So now stats and pet are guaranteed all you need is the talents. These are not guaranteed even if both parents have the five talents you want. Get an adult with two talents you want then stop. Then go for ancient with the next hatch. Then epic. You won't get mega first time, and if you keep training til it fails you are likely to get a bad talent that is hard to remove. Always train your second best pet and keep your best pet for hatching.

You are probably unlucky with the spider, but it might take you 50 hatches to get the pet you want, and if you are hatching with a spider, then 50% will be fails (wrong pet) and it might take you 100 hatches.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I agree with Michael Bluestone, find an enchanted armament with the right stats and talents instead. It will cut down the wasted hatches because of getting the wrong body type back.

If you really want to use the brown spider you have seen then you will likely need a lot of hatches to get the full stats and talent pool moved over to a different body type. The problem with this is that the spider you like may not even be in the kiosk long enough and even if it is available for hatching while you're hatching with that you may be missing out on a perfect armament that becomes available.

What specific talents are you looking for and what stats and talents does the spider have? Maybe I can help you out

Survivor
Aug 08, 2011
Victoria FireHeart on May 16, 2018 wrote:
I agree with Michael Bluestone, find an enchanted armament with the right stats and talents instead. It will cut down the wasted hatches because of getting the wrong body type back.

If you really want to use the brown spider you have seen then you will likely need a lot of hatches to get the full stats and talent pool moved over to a different body type. The problem with this is that the spider you like may not even be in the kiosk long enough and even if it is available for hatching while you're hatching with that you may be missing out on a perfect armament that becomes available.

What specific talents are you looking for and what stats and talents does the spider have? Maybe I can help you out
I believe it has the basic triple damage double resist, but I like it because of the stats. Its little hard to find an enchanted armament with these (I havent seen any so far).

So, then, how will I max the stats on the enchanted armament, how does that process work?
Just Hatch with another armament with max stats?

Survivor
Aug 08, 2011
Michael Bluestone on May 16, 2018 wrote:
The hardest thing to get when starting from scratch is the stats. My advice is to get any max stat pet first (255 250 260 260 250). Once you have a max stat pet, then as long as you only hatch with max stat pets you are guaranteed that every other pet you get after that is also max stat. Two max stat parents will always get max stat children.

Once you have a max stat pet, get on the kiosk and hatch with max stat enchanted armaments that have the talents you want. I guarantee there will be max stat pets in there with the talents you want - you just might have to search for a while. Once you have a max stat enchanted armament then you are guaranteed that every hatch after that will also be a max stat enchanted armament.

So now stats and pet are guaranteed all you need is the talents. These are not guaranteed even if both parents have the five talents you want. Get an adult with two talents you want then stop. Then go for ancient with the next hatch. Then epic. You won't get mega first time, and if you keep training til it fails you are likely to get a bad talent that is hard to remove. Always train your second best pet and keep your best pet for hatching.

You are probably unlucky with the spider, but it might take you 50 hatches to get the pet you want, and if you are hatching with a spider, then 50% will be fails (wrong pet) and it might take you 100 hatches.
So, how do I get the armament to full stats?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
MrOdyseo on May 17, 2018 wrote:
So, how do I get the armament to full stats?
To get to max stats hatch with something max stats, preferably an armament with talents you like. When the baby hatches see if your stats have gone up, if they have then train it to adult and hatch it again. Don't worry if the manifested talent is desirable or not, focus on getting to max stats first.

Once you have achieved max stats focus more on pool. Hatch with an armament that has the pool you want until it is copied over. Unless your pool is unchanged train it to adult for the next hatch because little by little you are getting their pool.

By the end of that you will have a max stat pet with the pool you want. Train it to adult only - did it get talents you like? Either way you hatch it again, but if it has good talents it is 1 of your 2 'parent pets'. Keep doing this, only taking the max stat perfect pool pets to adult until you have 2 with manifested talents you like.

Now you don't need anyone else. You can hatch those two together and train the baby higher than adult. Between your parent pets you have 2-4 of the 5 talents you want. If the baby gets more of the talents you want then switch it out for one of the parents and train that instead....keep improving your parent pets until you have all 5 talents manifested between them. Train the good spare pet until it fails or succeeds. Always keep the 2 good parents...you can train them to see what they would have got AFTER you have a perfect one if you're curious as to their hidden talents!

Assuming you have the determination to follow the above I think the biggest difficulty you will have is finding a pet that is available consistently for you to keep hatching with until you have your parent pets. Focusing on stats, then pool, then manifestation will help. It's best if you can get a hatch with something that has all of them but improving each step is the key and will make it easier when the next part comes available.

It's going to be hard because you want stats, talents and body type all at once.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
There are five stats showing about your pet.

When you hatch with another pet, each of the stats in the new pet will be either:
- the same as the lower of the numbers for that stat of the parents (1/4 of the time)
- the same as the higher of the numbers for that stat of the parents (1/4 of the time)
- half way between the numbers for that stat of the parents (1/2 of the time)

What you want is for the higher stat number to 'pop' over to the new pet.

If one or more of the higher numbers pops, train the new pet to adult and hatch again.
repeat this until all five are matching the higher numbers of the parents.

it takes a while.

Don't try to hatch for talents and stats at the same time, you will go nuts.

It is helpful to have a pet that has maximum stats with ordinary talents, like a bloodbat or a firecat. Then you can use that pet to hatch with a pet of the type you want until you get the maximum numbers in the type of pet you want. Only train these ones to adult.

Now you will have an adult pet of the type you want with max stats and talents that are more easily replaced. If you don't want pip-o-plenty, eliminate any pet from the pool that gets that trait, it is very hard to remove once it manifests.

Once you have a pet with the stats you want and the type you want, then hatch for talents.

It takes a LOT of hatching to get just the right pet, but it's much less frustrating this way, because instead of a lot of fails, you will get a lot of small victories, and at the end you will be training to mega with a lot more confidence.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
ChicoValerian on May 19, 2018 wrote:

When you hatch with another pet, each of the stats in the new pet will be either:
- the same as the lower of the numbers for that stat of the parents (1/4 of the time)
- the same as the higher of the numbers for that stat of the parents (1/4 of the time)

If one or more of the higher numbers pops, train the new pet to adult and hatch again.

it takes a while.

It is helpful to have a pet that has maximum stats with ordinary talents, like a bloodbat or a firecat. Then you can use that pet to hatch with a pet of the type you want until you get the maximum numbers in the type of pet you want. Only train these ones to adult.

Now you will have an adult pet of the type you want with max stats and talents that are more easily replaced. If you don't want pip-o-plenty, eliminate any pet from the pool that gets that trait, it is very hard to remove once it manifests.

Once you have a pet with the stats you want and the type you want, then hatch for talents.

It takes a LOT of hatching to get just the right pet, but it's much less frustrating this way, because instead of a lot of fails, you will get a lot of small victories, and at the end you will be training to mega with a lot more confidence.
Mrodyseo ~ this line is probably the most important thing said in this entire thread:

ChicoValerian, "Don't try to hatch for talents and stats at the same time, you will go nuts."

Been there, tried that....went mad lol

Seriously though, ChicoValerian is absolutely right with this. When you've got multiple things to achieve with a pet the only way to do it and keep your sanity is to do it in stages....anyone who says otherwise is presumably already mad but doesn't know it yet rofl

Survivor
Aug 08, 2011
ChicoValerian on May 19, 2018 wrote:

it takes a while.

Okay, this morning I actually did the last hatch to get an enchanted armament full stats, I am not sure about the pool, but in theory it should at least have 2/5 talents I have, I know for sure "spell-defy" is in there.

So now, I can focus on getting the talents transfered to my enchanted armament, how do I proceed with this?

Survivor
Aug 08, 2011
Oh, and besides I already spent about an hour on the kiosk trying to find a Triple-Double life enchanted armament, but was completely unsuccessful to find one, so I have to opt for the (for what I understand) tedious second option, which will be what I tried doing in the beginning, transfering talents.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
MrOdyseo on May 19, 2018 wrote:
Okay, this morning I actually did the last hatch to get an enchanted armament full stats, I am not sure about the pool, but in theory it should at least have 2/5 talents I have, I know for sure "spell-defy" is in there.

So now, I can focus on getting the talents transfered to my enchanted armament, how do I proceed with this?
Well done!

Now you're into pool reading. Open up the full view of talents to see the unmanifested talents as well as the manifested ones. The order matters and we read the pool from top to bottom.

Look at the pet with the pool you want and note down as much of their pool as you can. Do the same for your pet. You might be able to work some out from previous hatches.

When you hatch, make sure that your pool is getting closer to theirs. If it is then train it to adult and use it to hatch again until you get their full pool. Once you've got the full pool and manifested good talents on 2 of your pets you can hatch them together and train up babies until you manifest the desired talents.

I change out the parent pets as I get more of the desired talents on a baby. Eg parent 1 = dealer+proof; parent 2 = proof + defy. Between the parents I only have 3 of the 5 talents I want. If I get a baby that gets dealer + pain giver I can switch it out for parent 1 and have 4 of the 5 talents in the parents. I now have parent 1 as the spare and i can train it up while still having safe parent pets for another hatch if it fails.

Good luck!

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Victoria FireHeart on May 20, 2018 wrote:
Well done!

Now you're into pool reading. Open up the full view of talents to see the unmanifested talents as well as the manifested ones. The order matters and we read the pool from top to bottom.

Look at the pet with the pool you want and note down as much of their pool as you can. Do the same for your pet. You might be able to work some out from previous hatches.

When you hatch, make sure that your pool is getting closer to theirs. If it is then train it to adult and use it to hatch again until you get their full pool. Once you've got the full pool and manifested good talents on 2 of your pets you can hatch them together and train up babies until you manifest the desired talents.

I change out the parent pets as I get more of the desired talents on a baby. Eg parent 1 = dealer+proof; parent 2 = proof + defy. Between the parents I only have 3 of the 5 talents I want. If I get a baby that gets dealer + pain giver I can switch it out for parent 1 and have 4 of the 5 talents in the parents. I now have parent 1 as the spare and i can train it up while still having safe parent pets for another hatch if it fails.

Good luck!
Exactly how I would do it. Once you are hatching parents 2 and 3 you can try to get to child to ancient and then switch out which ever parent again.

Always be aware which pets have the potential to be triple doubles. Don't waste too much time with pets that can't be triple doubles to start with.

Pet talent orders can be found here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?340970-Talent-Order-Project

Use this to work out the order the desired talents will appear in. e.g. in your case you will need to have from top to bottom:

uncommon - life-giver (rank 79-80)
ultra rare - pain-giver (rank 88)
epic - spell proof (rank 103)
rare - spell defy (rank 141-142)
ultra-rare- life bringer (rank 233-235)

All triple double life will always have the talents in this order in the full 10 talent view.

The other five talents can slot in anywhere in between depending on parents and talents. But if you can't get uncommon, ultra, epic, rare, ultra from top to bottom you know life triple double isn't possible.

You also know uncommon, ultra, epic should be close together (ranks 79-103) and near the beginning or middle of list, and life bringer ultra should be near the bottom (rank 233)

Survivor
Aug 08, 2011
Michael Bluestone on May 21, 2018 wrote:
Exactly how I would do it. Once you are hatching parents 2 and 3 you can try to get to child to ancient and then switch out which ever parent again.

Always be aware which pets have the potential to be triple doubles. Don't waste too much time with pets that can't be triple doubles to start with.

Pet talent orders can be found here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?340970-Talent-Order-Project

Use this to work out the order the desired talents will appear in. e.g. in your case you will need to have from top to bottom:

uncommon - life-giver (rank 79-80)
ultra rare - pain-giver (rank 88)
epic - spell proof (rank 103)
rare - spell defy (rank 141-142)
ultra-rare- life bringer (rank 233-235)

All triple double life will always have the talents in this order in the full 10 talent view.

The other five talents can slot in anywhere in between depending on parents and talents. But if you can't get uncommon, ultra, epic, rare, ultra from top to bottom you know life triple double isn't possible.

You also know uncommon, ultra, epic should be close together (ranks 79-103) and near the beginning or middle of list, and life bringer ultra should be near the bottom (rank 233)
Oh wow, I had no idea that this was even a thing, and I've read a lot about pets, and seen a lot of videos so that I could make my pet making easier.
This is super useful to know!