Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Red Grunion

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 15, 2012
Not sure if anyone else is having issues finding this fish but I've done at least 30 pond resets to try and catch this one in Nordrilund and have had no luck. I've been using pond reset followed by Winnow Fire Fish and I've caught plenty of Bear Acudas, Fish and Chips and Fire School fish but nothing else. I've only found the one spot to fish by the large horn and the NPC so is there a bug or am I really that unlucky? Red Grunion, Fire School, Epic, located in Nordrilund right?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
ZombBone on May 10, 2018 wrote:
Not sure if anyone else is having issues finding this fish but I've done at least 30 pond resets to try and catch this one in Nordrilund and have had no luck. I've been using pond reset followed by Winnow Fire Fish and I've caught plenty of Bear Acudas, Fish and Chips and Fire School fish but nothing else. I've only found the one spot to fish by the large horn and the NPC so is there a bug or am I really that unlucky? Red Grunion, Fire School, Epic, located in Nordrilund right?
Try winnow 3 as it is the only rank 3 fish found there. I did winnow rank 3, reveal, if no fish were affected than I'd summon and try again. When it responds to a fish being present run the length of it with reveal active so you can find it. You may want to charm fish so it comes to you if it is out of reach and you don't want to wait for it to swim closer naturally.

If you haven't got the Winnow Rank spells, go to Ryoshi in Jade Palace.

I hope this helps, good luck!

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
You are in the right spot. It is an epic fish so its a challenge. Use winnow 3 instead of winnow fire. Then reveal. If it says no fish affected then summon again, winnow 3, and reveal. If it doesn't say anything run up and down the narrow river using reveal along the way. I found min by the crossover path before you get to the horn. I did all my summoning by the horn though as its a larger area. It did take a lot of tries/resets but with the "free" fishing days I caught it. Good luck.

Explorer
Sep 15, 2012