Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nibbler

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2013
The word "Nibbler" is red in open chat. Nibbler is a sentinel fish in the game so it should be allowed to be said. How else do you propose this fish to be talked about?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
stemogstel on May 10, 2018 wrote:
The word "Nibbler" is red in open chat. Nibbler is a sentinel fish in the game so it should be allowed to be said. How else do you propose this fish to be talked about?
Unfortunately because of the misuse of some words we have to resort to descriptions for some named items eg Queen Crape Myrtle and Nibbler....there are a few others too. It's irritating for people who want to use them innocently but preventing someone from saying something disturbing to another player, possibly a child, is more important than the inconvenience.

It's been suggested that KI only choose names that can be said safely within chat and I think that solution makes sense but on the other hand I like the names they've chosen too so I have mixed feelings. I don't think allowing words that could be used in an upsetting way is a solution.

TBH I find the 'no numbers for text chat players' far more frustrating than the odd occasion when a specific name can't be written. It's a real shame that there are some people who would deliberately exploit chat features in a family friendly game.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Thank you Victoria. Any word can be used in an upsetting way. I had written about 'Nibbler' fish to Customer Support and they told me to make a post here so that KI moderators would look into it. They can easily change the rule on this particular word as there is no other way to type the name of this fish. They had made changes to allow the typing of "Renee Wooften" which was yellow when the NPC was first introduced.

I am hoping to get a result from KI to type 'Nibbler' as there is no other work-around.

Here is the Customer Support message saying to make a post here: (PS: Just noticed they signed it as "KingIsle")
Response Via Email (KingsIsle Support)05/09/2018 10:30 PMHi,

We appreciate you contacting us. I can assure you that the creators of the game take player feedback extremely seriously.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You are always welcome to express your ideas, suggestions and concerns with us on the forums at www.wizard101.com or www.pirate101.com

Since this is viewed by the moderators and community it does get reviewed and is the best way to let us know what you think of our games.

Best regards,

KingIsle Support Customer By Web Form05/09/2018 10:24 PMNibbler is a species of fish in Wizard101 yet it turns up red in open chat. If something exists in the game it should be able to be typed. Otherwise, change the name of the fish.