Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Real Estate

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I already own a houseboat. It's great for the weekends but it's getting too small. I was looking on wiki and found a couple castles I'm interested in. It says they're in the Crown Shop but they aren't. Do I need to look somewhere else?

Second question: My sister Storm wizard has a villa she wants to sell (I don't want it) but we can't figure out how. How do we do this? Who do we see?

Sydney Skyblood lvl 85 Fire

P.S. I want that huge castle. Where is that?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You can sell a house at any housing vendor, just make sure it's completely empty inside and out.

What "huge castle" are you referring to? The crown shop and bundle homes are all "huge."

If you mean the Massive Fantasy Palace, that's from a retired bundle card we bought at Game Stop years ago. Sometimes it comes back briefly for a Throw-back Thursday event. It also might come back to the Crown Shop temporarily during Bundle-a-Palooza, which usually comes around in August.

Alia Misthaven

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
colocrys on May 7, 2018 wrote:
I already own a houseboat. It's great for the weekends but it's getting too small. I was looking on wiki and found a couple castles I'm interested in. It says they're in the Crown Shop but they aren't. Do I need to look somewhere else?

Second question: My sister Storm wizard has a villa she wants to sell (I don't want it) but we can't figure out how. How do we do this? Who do we see?

Castles from bundles may not be available at all times (for example that Huge Castle is from a very old Bundle and is fairly exclusive at the moment do to being the Original Granddaddy of Bundles-it is only availble VERY occassionally now.) Some houses may fall prey to that. As far as housing that are in the Crown shop- buy them with GOLD you can totally do that.

Without knowing specifically which house you are looking for I don't know if I can better direct you in the crowns shop. Have you clicked to sort by houses?

To sell a house everything must be out of the house NO housing items. This includes plants and plant plots.

Does that help?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The really good castles are usually available via bundles.

Otherwise, castles not available within the crown shop are either available from:

• House Vendors - The Housing Vendor in each world sells castles for gold based on the theme of said world. Example, the housing vendor Kame in Mooshu sells castles based on the Mooshu world.
  • Ivan Ironshell in Dragonspyre sells a Dragonspyre themed castle.

Also, remember to make use of the housing tours available in The Commons, Wizard City to check the castles out before finalizing payment.

As it regards to selling old castles;

Old castles can be sold if the castle is completely empty. Nothing should be left about or any pet wondering around.

Once this requirement is met, visit any housing vendor to sell the castle.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
colocrys on May 7, 2018 wrote:

There are other houses in the different worlds. Some houses may be in bundles. You can buy some of the bundles on the wizard101 website or stop at Gamestop or Walmart to see if they have the bundles that you are looking for. I do not believe that you can sell you castles. You should always keep your houses for a getaway if you want! If you have any more questions, I can try and help. If I didn't get the answer you were looking for, try and searching it up! Hopefully you can find your castle!
-Alia SparkleGrove

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I found the Botanical Garden House. There's plenty of room in that one!!! My Storm wizard would still like to be rid of the Hacienda. I still need help with that one.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
What house/s are you looking at? There are multiple places to buy houses and some crown houses are retired but sometimes come back on Throwback Thursdays or as a special offer. It would help us to help you if we knew which one/s you were looking at

What's your main use for your house too? If you do gardening the Red Barn Farm (crown shop) is an excellent choice because it gives the plants a 'like' so they grow faster. It can be bought for gold if you click the tab under the picture of it when you're in the crown shop. Clicking the gold button will then show all the other houses available for gold too. If it shows the price in crowns still then that is the only option, but the Red Barn Farm is 125,000 gold. There are others for lower than that too if gardening isn't a big deal for you.

You can have 3 houses per wizard before you need to buy an additional house elixir so if you are not at max houses you might want to keep your Boat House for the weekends

You can sell a house back to the housing vendors (eg in the housing shop in Wizard City etc) but they must be empty first. You can pick up all items and they will be put into the attic. If there are plants they will need to be harvested at elder then dig up plots or pick up pots...or you can dig them up without taking them to elder but you will lose the seed.

I hope this helps. Let us know the names of the houses you're interested in and I'll check where they can be bought. Good luck with your new home!