Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Starting a Wizard Over

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
I have a storm wizard that I began a long time ago. I tried progressing this wizard once again and discovered quickly that the game had changed so much since my starting this one, that she was totally behind in so much. My family had bought a nice large home for this wizard and I really don't want to lose this home. Is there any way that I could start this wizard over again, so I wouldn't lose the home? I don't see a way to get her caught up with everything any other way.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
My advice.

Start a NEW Wizard and gradually come back to playing your higher level wizard. Keeping the Wizard in the classroom while you relearn the game isn't going to hurt the wizard.

Do not delete it and start over.

You'll be amazed how quickly it comes back to you. Take it from someone who had been away for over five years and came back.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
Unfortunately, there is no way to officially "reset" a wizard, but you can still preserve your items by taking a roundabout way.

Transfer all of the items you want to keep into the shared bank (gear, seeds, reagents, etc.), and then creating a new Storm wizard. The shared bank can only hold 100 items (meaning gear and housing items, reagents are unlimited), so if you have more than that, use another wizard to hold them in their regular bank until it is time to transfer them again. When it comes to the house, the shared bank can only hold one castle.

If you want the house to remain looking at it does now, simply leave all of the items in place. You will need to make sure that there are not any "No Trade" items, although these are relatively few in number. This includes "No Trade" gear on mannequins. When you are ready to put the castle in the shared bank, the game will check to make sure there aren't any "No Trade" items. I'm not sure how gardening plants are dealt with, so if anyone else knows please share. The safest bet would be to just get your elder harvests and then transfer it.

If your castle checks out, it will allow you to put the castle in the shared bank. Then, once your new Storm wizard reaches level 15, you can take the castle out again. Important!!: An individual castle can only be shared once every 90 days, so don't remove the castle from the shared bank unless it is with your Storm wizard. Also, don't buy a new castle of the same type, as you can only own one of any type of home at a time.

Hopefully this made sense, and let me know if you have additional questions.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You can put a house into the shared bank and transfer it to another wizard.

To do this, you have to follow a few rules:

1) Remove all pets and mounts from the house.

2) Disconnect all teleporters, if you have any.

3) Remove any mannequins, if you crafted any.

4) Make certain that you don't have any furniture from your original dorm room. (For some reason, they are "No Trade.") These items include:

Royal bed (red and gold)
Stained End Table
Exquisite Desk (has drawers on the right, red & gold pattern on front side)
Padded Stool (black legs, red seat, round shape)
Short Square Vase (pale green color, square-shaped)
Gear Vaults (bought from the Crown Shop) are also no-trade.

After you put the house into the shared bank, any other wizard can take it out, including your new one. If they already have 3 houses, you'll have to buy a special elixir from the Crown shop to add another slot for housing. And, no wizard can own more than one of the same type of house.

**Before you delete your old wizard!

Place ALL of her pets, mounts, and usable gear into the shared bank. Whatever furniture you want to keep, store it in the house you're planning to keep. Go through every home, your attic, your bank, any gear vaults, etc. Put everything you want to keep into the shared bank. You can fill a seed vault with seeds and pass them through the shared bank, also music players with scrolls, and aquariums with up to 9 fish; but you can not put the gear vault into the shared bank. Take out the gear you want to keep and transfer it directly to another of your wizards. The gear vault itself can't be traded and will be lost when you delete the wizard who bought it.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
You've got some great replies already.

You can also trade your tc either to a trusted friend to pass to your new wizard or make a free to play account to pass your tc. You can open multiple browsers at once if you wait until you click play before opening the launcher again. You can also use any gold you have to buy tc or reagents to pass as well so you don't lose that. Anything no-trade that you will lose anyway can be fed to pets for gold....might as well get something for it!

If you haven't got max wizards it would be easiest to make the new wizard before deleting the old, but if you have full wizards move everything to your other 5 except the house (which can only be moved once every 90 days). You can dump a lot of things into the house as long as they are able to be traded, so you only have to move one item through the shared bank but will really move lots.

Before you delete your wizard double check your attic, bank and backpack are all empty.

Don't forget reagents, snacks, seeds and jewels as well as gear, pets, houses and fish. If you're not moving it, sell it and convert the gold into tc by using it at the bazaar and passing it as mentioned above.

All the best and good luck with your new wizard!

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010