Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please roll "Double XP" into 1 Membership Benefit

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
I for one am really grateful when it comes to membership benefits, however, it makes more sense if you made the Double Pet XP, Double Animus, Double Gardening XP and Double Reagents into one membership benefit over one weekend. This way, you don't have people complaining that "YOU ALWAYS DO DOUBLE PET XP WHAT ABOUT US GARDENERS" etc... so everyone can choose what they spend that weekend doing. In addition, it will allow better rotation for other membership benefits on other weekends (Free Second Chance Chest Roll, Training Point Buyback, Improved Daily/PVP Rewards, No Energy for fishing (and hopefully no energy for pets soon). Especially as you add more membership benefits it stops them becoming more diluted where we end up only having double XP reward benefits.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
While this may seem like a good idea, it's a little too much.

I'll expound.

Many of us Garden and Pet Train, while we're through with that, we may decide to continue questing while our energy refills.

It is already taxing on our energy meter enough to tend our garden(s) much less to head to the Pavilion to raise Pets.
Hence, combining these two benefits into one will seem like a waste as this will force many of us to either:

Choose one to take advantage of (as our energy globe permits)
Use energy elixirs which many of us don't have easy access to.

So, I would much rather Double Gardening be done one week post or prior Double Pets but not at the same time.

It's already known knowledge that the frequency of some benefits will not equal that of others, I don't believe it's KI Intention of even allowing this to happen, which is why Double Gardening and Free Training Points Buyback only occur a few times per year as Double Pet XP seems to double this.

If KI continues to only do one membership bonus per weekend, it allows us to maximize the full benefit of it. If most is combined into one, this will probably seem like a rush to take advantage of all said benefits.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Star Edward on Apr 30, 2018 wrote:

I'll expound.

Many of us Garden and Pet Train, while we're through with that, we may decide to continue questing while our energy refills.

It is already taxing on our energy meter enough to tend our garden(s) much less to head to the Pavilion to raise Pets.
Hence, combining these two benefits into one will seem like a waste as this will force many of us to either:

So, I would much rather Double Gardening be done one week post or prior Double Pets but not at the same time.

It's already known knowledge that the frequency of some benefits will not equal that of others, I don't believe it's KI Intention of even allowing this to happen, which is why Double Gardening and Free Training Points Buyback only occur a few times per year as Double Pet XP seems to double this.

If KI continues to only do one membership bonus per weekend, it allows us to maximize the full benefit of it. If most is combined into one, this will probably seem like a rush to take advantage of all said benefits.

I agree, I quite like it the way they have it. Also, how gutted would we be if the magic weekend of double everything was a weekend we were unable to play? Noooooooo!!!!

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
Star Edward on Apr 30, 2018 wrote:

I'll expound.

Some good points there, maybe they could roll it all into one quarterly throughout the year?

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
The whole idea of membership benefits is to encourage people to pay for membership - and not just for one month where they get double XP in everything - but for a whole year. While calendars and condensed benefits may appear useful for players, I think you need to remember that KI are trying to make money here. They aren't just giving us benefits out of the kindness of their hearts.

The unpredictability and spread of benefits is good for KI - who would buy back spell points if they knew there was a free buy back coming soon? Same for mounts, packs, mastery amulets, etc that are occasionally on special. There would be less incentive to buy year membership if all the best benefits were in the same month.

Membership benefits work best for people who buy yearly membership and have the patience to wait for the benefits they want. That is how they are designed. If you buy monthly membership you must accept you may not get what you want, though you will probably get at least 4 days of double pet XP.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
The idea you mentioned might be incorporated during KI's upcoming birthday celebrations or even some aspects of it.

So, I wouldn't entirely rule it out.
But, this combined with some energy benefit would be needed.

Defender
Mar 18, 2012
I like Taylor's idea, maybe they could have double everything. But they would also need to make unlimited energy during that time to balance it out.