Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lifetime Membership?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 05, 2016
i was just curious if KI has ever considered offering a lifetime membership for sale. Just like the yearly and monthly membership, it would be available to anyone who is interested. I have no idea what something like that would cost but it is something I would be interested in. What does everyone else think about offering this?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Alyssa Stalker on Apr 27, 2018 wrote:
i was just curious if KI has ever considered offering a lifetime membership for sale. Just like the yearly and monthly membership, it would be available to anyone who is interested. I have no idea what something like that would cost but it is something I would be interested in. What does everyone else think about offering this?
Yes, I would like this option, although as in the past even when I see something is a good bet I don't always have the $ for it.

I knew it would be a good bet for some other online community back when it started but it was not only 'my' decision and seemed ridiculous risk/expense to the other 'voter' so it was nixed. Would have saved exponentially more had my vote prevailed. But...ya never know. The one lifetime membership I did buy, because it was cheap and came with goodies? The company went out of business shortly after. So ya never know.
I think Wiz will be around a while and I'd like to see this option + a family (shared within one household or even with one person) account option.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I would want that family/share option to be retroactive though as I do not want to play six more wizards but to share one of the ones I have.
It would be another membership (payment plan) option not a new account option as such.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Before the introduction of the 'member benefits' (eg double gardening, pet xp etc) the route of purchasing areas for crowns was pretty much lifetime membership. Things are different now and after many years of playing crown accounts players were tempted into memberships because of the cool new benefits of it.

It kinda felt like KI moved the goal posts because when they introduced these incentives I had only just purchased the entire game for crowns (within a matter of months) and had not yet had the pay-off for paying a lump sum. However, a huge number of players had benefited from that financial decision and it had been in place for many years so I recognise they didn't move the goal posts, it was just bad luck on timing when I made the decision to go down the crowns route....hey, KI got more money out of me...to make the game better...for ME to enjoy haha. Always a silver lining

To be honest, if KI introduced a lifetime membership and it was affordable I'd be worried about how long they expected the game to last; if it was unaffordable I'd wonder why they made it when so few would purchase it. This idea scares me a little!