Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Categorising Pets in the Kiosk

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I love the kiosk and how it has opened up the world of pets and hatching to everyone regardless of where they are starting from with pets. It's made an incredible difference, people who couldn't get even a single hatch are now spoilt for choice! I love that!

However, we still only have one precious hatching timer so while we are now spoilt for choice we do still have to make a choice, and we want to use our timer wisely.

I like that when we add pets they are automatically categorised. This makes it very easy for anyone to add any pet quickly and easily. However, I would really like to see an option to choose their category, perhaps as a manual over-ride. People who just want to pop them up quick can do it with the auto, but if we want to select a category we can.

I see a lot of pets that have talents that do not match with the school of the body type. Enchanted Armaments are a classic example - they give those lovely sharpen blade cards, making them desirable to wizards of any school. Yet they are always hidden away under Balance pets and someone wanting one must sift through all the variations, trying to remember then find again the one the liked most. I have a lovely ward tiger, again, Balance pet, but useful for many schools. Who would even guess she was hidden away under Balance, then Tiger?

I'd love to see categories of the schools and sorting available for damage, wards, crit/block, heals/healing, utilities. Having a manual over-ride would be amazing because we could have the default where it uses pet body and school as it does now, or the option to choose. People searching could find their perfect pets more easily.

I'd also like to have a 'watch list'. This is not reserving a pet, simply making it easy to find again after looking at other pets available. Being able to set aside a few pets (eg 5) so we don't have to remember their details and search for them again would be awesome.

How long the list stays would really come down to 'techie stuff I don't understand' lol. I'd like it to at least last for the duration of while we are checking the kiosk.

TLDR:
Kiosk ideas -
1. Auto-categorise as default; manual categorise available so we can choose
2. More categories added eg damage, wards, crit/block, heals/healing, utilities
3. Add a 'watch list' so we can pop a pet we like to one side while searching through pets

What do you think?