Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea: A simple fix to juju spamming

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 10, 2014
Hey, there have been a number of posts complaining about juju spamming so Id thought id bring to light an idea that would help make juju spammers less of a problem. Just make juju not be able to be cloaked. The thing is that juju is the one spell in wizard101 that can be used 50+ times in a match, something has to be done about this. If bad juju was made not able to be cloaked then people couldnt make treasure card bad jujus to fill their side deck with. Plus there isn't really even a point in bad juju being able to be cloaked, its obvious what it is anyways. This would make it harder for bad juju spammers to cover their opponent in jujus as they would have to only rely on their main deck jujus, and I think the decks can only carry about 8 or 10 per reshuffle. Most wands give 6 wand hits so that is already only leaving about 3 jujus to worry about.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
I like your thinking Fred. What would you think if the juju was given 100 pierce and made to be a 900 damage-to-self spell?

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
ChicoValerian on Apr 25, 2018 wrote:
I like your thinking Fred. What would you think if the juju was given 100 pierce and made to be a 900 damage-to-self spell?
That's far from a reasonable change. Death already is the worst school in pvp and you wanna nerf them more? While you're at it why not ask for a nerf to Loremaster,balance efreet,Gaze,Manaburn, guardian spirit, efreet, firebeetle, rampage, ffa, hephaestus, ashen bones, magma colossus,myth king art,rat illusionist + magician,insane bolt,sirens,abominable weaver, icezilla, ice bird,shrike and etc?

Sad part you guys begging for nerfs but what about being reasonable by improving/fixing the school so that they don't have to jade juju. Yes Its a sad strategy but what do they have to compete? Their self-damage spells do more harm than good and better utilized by other schools without worrying about sacrificing their blades. Not to mention the nerf they gave death by changing beguile. Lastly they have the worst damage spells in the game with no trainable bubble.

Also I see you on every post telling death players to "learn how to use their school" and "its excuses". The same can literally be said about you. Its making excuses because you can't beat the strategy and you should learn to play around the juju being spammed against ya. See how that could trigger anyone?

Alexandria Stormblade

PS. Be try to be more open minded

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Alezandra I have no problem beating the strategy. The matches are unreasonably long however, and go a long way to destroying my affection for this game, as I am sure you can tell.

To all these people who say that Death is nerfed because it has the "worst damage" of all the schools.

Please tell me about all the attack spells that Life, Myth, Fire, Ice, Storm, and Balance have that return health to them. I'm listening with an open mind.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
ChicoValerian on Apr 27, 2018 wrote:
Alezandra I have no problem beating the strategy. The matches are unreasonably long however, and go a long way to destroying my affection for this game, as I am sure you can tell.

To all these people who say that Death is nerfed because it has the "worst damage" of all the schools.

Please tell me about all the attack spells that Life, Myth, Fire, Ice, Storm, and Balance have that return health to them. I'm listening with an open mind.
You might want to take Life and Fire out of that list.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009

You're last statement isn't considered having a "open mind". Its actually comes off as being objectively bias. That's like saying name another school that can hit mass and leave a 75%(Ice), a school that can hit and leave 3 traps (fire) or what school can use 3 shields in one turn but has no sets of there own?(Balance).Which these schools are the top tiers of the arena. You can't say you're listening with a open mind right after making a statement that was devised to ignore all you're claiming to be "open minded" toward.
Who said death was nerfed because they had the "worst damage". No thats not what nerfed means. "Nerf means to make less powerful." Lulu going from 1100 to 830 is a nerf, Beguile being changed from 2 to 1 turn from second is a nerf, All Balance and death gear going from having the same stats until Darkmoor where balance stats became far better is a nerf. If you dont believe me compare both Waterworks, Dragonspyre and Aquila gears(only exception was health). Even some of the minions from animate got nerfed. The main problem is while other schools in pvp are growing and developing options( New side effects), death is developing at the slowest rate and almost at a stand still compared to the rest.

Its also a known fact that out of all the other schools death has suffered the most nerfs directly, while a school like fire has had the most buffs.

What you're doing is taking a school's struggle and being completely dismissive and objective without seeing from both sides. Both old and new death players in the forum state the same things such as "deaths not being able to use their self damage spells effectively", then you'll reply would be but " i have seen deaths work around it".You're literally trying to justify/down play their struggles by telling them to deal with it, while also trying to make them struggle more. Just because you don't agree on how they use it?

*Shaking my head*

Delver
Dec 08, 2016

ChicoValerian, I'll state what Alexandra has already stated once again: do try to be more open-minded. We Deaths even support the solution to Bad Juju, but we can't have players with no constructive criticism at all going around and insulting the Death school with no valid points. And your suggested solution to change Juju is a bit shocking. It is clear that you only want a solution for yourself, but not to the Death school in any way. And you're forgetting that even though Bad Juju is a spell we can all agree is broken, it is still one of Death's specialty, along with their drains. Those things are what makes Death unique.

Besides, Death's drains aren't even that reliable in ranked PvP. Sure, it may help us come in clutch at times, but we really can't kill our opponents so easily without our blade stacks, Shrike and our Critical if the opponent has high resist and shields. Even the most proficient Death player can agree that Death has disadvantages compared to other schools. I can tell that you have no Death wizards, since your bias evidently shows in every one of your responses. Death doesn't have the "worst damage" of all the schools, I'm certain no one has ever said that, and if they did, they're not too educated about the schools. Death has about the same damage as Life, which is still quite low. You should have some idea of this by now. Ice is supposed to have the "worst" damage of all the schools, yet they've been one of the schools at the top since the First Age, not to mention how they got a rip-off version of Deer Knight.

And if you're bringing PvE into this about our drains, you do know our drains aren't as effective in PvP?That's why nearly Death you see in the arena are Jades and there are barely any Death hitters whether it's in a 1v1 or 4v4, since our spells aren't suited for hitting. And might I mention how we can't even fully enchant our drain spells? Please do not try to school Deaths on their school, as we already know what's going on.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016

And it seems that you are taking your anger out on Death players too much, when we have no control of what happens in the game and what the game developers put out.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016

And might I also say that every school can't have the same unique trait. From that statement of yours, you're basically suggesting for the other schools to be like Death because it's unfair that we have spells that deal damage and heal us all at once? Yet you are criticizing the Death school at the same time, which makes no sense.

Each school are known for something. They are different to one another which sets them apart. Otherwise, what's the point of schools if everyone's literally the same?
Death - To weaken their opponents with debuffs, drain spells, Feint and other buffs like Curse and Dark Pact
Life - Heals, high health, high resist
Myth - Earthquake, shatter, stuns, multiple hit spells (like Minotaur)
Ice - Shields, highest health, high resist/tank abilities
Fire - High damage and critical, DoTs
Storm - High damage and critical, Enfeeble, spamming abilities
Balance - Mantles, small debuffs, blades, chance to hit another school's damage

There's probably more to the schools that I haven't listed down, but that should be enough to get my point through. If the schools shared the same traits, Wizard101 would not be the same Wizard101 that we all know of.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
And again, even I myself am a little conflicted on how we should change the spell. A nerf or change to Juju will not only affect PvP, but also PvE. It should be a common knowledge that having Juju spammers in a team can be extremely beneficial as they make it easier to farm/defeat some of the most difficult dungeons and cheating bosses in the game, so if there was to be a 100 pierce change to Juju, then all I would have to say is good luck to the players and the healers in their teams who are getting through Shadowwock, as well as those dungeons that Juju is vital to. Us PvP players should not just be concerned of our opinions, we should regard the PvE players' opinions too. That way we can all be happy.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Everybody has their point of view. You've heard mine, and I have heard yours.

I have been playing wizard101 for over six years, pretty much on a daily basis. I have never seen bad juju used except in pvp. Nobody beat malistaire using bad juju. Nobody beat the Jabberwock using 50+ casts of bad juju. Nobody beat the Rat using bad juju. To say the spell has a value in PvE makes your arguments seem insincere.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016

I have been playing wizard101 for over six years, pretty much on a daily basis. I have never seen bad juju used except in pvp. Nobody beat malistaire using bad juju. Nobody beat the Jabberwock using 50+ casts of bad juju. Nobody beat the Rat using bad juju. To say the spell has a value in PvE makes your arguments seem insincere.
It does have value in PvE, so I have no idea what you're talking about. And you do know that some bosses have cheats that removes Jujus? Let's look at Shadowwock for example, his meteor hits a remarkable amount of damage and when people use the Juju strategy, it makes the dungeon fairly easier and quicker. The new Empyrea gold key boss, Corporal Tenni'syn, is another perfect example. If you don't have Juju spammers in your team when farming this, your runs will most likely be slow-paced. The healers might have high resist or Storm Immunity, but that won't save the hitters from having huge damage dealt upon them, and Juju prevents that from happening. Believe me, I tried the dungeon with only Life healers and it was a lot harder and slower compared to when I had my Death friend with me.

And again, you're not listening with an open mind. Just because you have a biased point of view and do not wish to see Death wizards be happy or thrive in any way, doesn't mean we Deaths don't have any right to defend our own spells. We can't help what we're given, is the point I've been continuously trying to get across for all this time. You don't really see me going around and aggressively attacking Balance wizards for Lore spamming. And you're probably going to counter that statement with, "But we don't spam it as much as Juju spammers!", which I've already heard a gazillion times. We're advocating for a solution too, but you're out here carelessly attacking others in your posts. Us Deaths already know how much Juju Jades spam, we don't need non-Deaths telling us what we already know. I do not need to repeat myself. And just because you've never seen someone use Bad Juju in PvE for as long as 6 years (which I highly doubt, try spending a week in Darkmoor and you'll come across more than one Death Jade), doesn't mean people aren't smart enough to use a -90 debuff in difficult dungeons to their advantage in order to help their teammates.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014

I have seen Bad Juju being used in the battles you've mention plus more and multiple times. I have a max Death wizard and I believe that spell is very useful in those kind of battles. I've seem teams being saved by the use of Bad Juju many times. Feints sometimes are not always enough,

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Patrick Ravenbane on Apr 28, 2018 wrote:
I have seen Bad Juju being used in the battles you've mention plus more and multiple times. I have a max Death wizard and I believe that spell is very useful in those kind of battles. I've seem teams being saved by the use of Bad Juju many times. Feints sometimes are not always enough,
Patrick, have you ever seen anyone use the bad juju strategy (juju, empower, sacrifice, juju, juju, juju. empower, juju etc) to beat any boss anywhere on wizard 101?

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
...DeathSummoner, I *personally* have never seen bad juju cast in the game, except in pvp, in my years of play. I did not say it doesn't happen, merely that I have not witnessed it.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
ChicoValerian on Apr 28, 2018 wrote:
Patrick, have you ever seen anyone use the bad juju strategy (juju, empower, sacrifice, juju, juju, juju. empower, juju etc) to beat any boss anywhere on wizard 101?
Aren't you a little exaggerating. Yes, actually I have and enough times to say that strategy is known to be used in that similar way more than we think. I mostly seen that similar strategy in really challenging battles such as Darkmoor, shadowwock, Last battle in Xibalba, exalted rattlebones duel, golden skeleton key, etc... . Even I am known to play like that when I need to. That strategy is mostly used when 2 death wizards know how to play their role together really well and are in the same battle but not to often do I see that happen.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Alexandrastormblad... on Apr 26, 2018 wrote:
That's far from a reasonable change. Death already is the worst school in pvp and you wanna nerf them more? While you're at it why not ask for a nerf to Loremaster,balance efreet,Gaze,Manaburn, guardian spirit, efreet, firebeetle, rampage, ffa, hephaestus, ashen bones, magma colossus,myth king art,rat illusionist + magician,insane bolt,sirens,abominable weaver, icezilla, ice bird,shrike and etc?

Sad part you guys begging for nerfs but what about being reasonable by improving/fixing the school so that they don't have to jade juju. Yes Its a sad strategy but what do they have to compete? Their self-damage spells do more harm than good and better utilized by other schools without worrying about sacrificing their blades. Not to mention the nerf they gave death by changing beguile. Lastly they have the worst damage spells in the game with no trainable bubble.

Also I see you on every post telling death players to "learn how to use their school" and "its excuses". The same can literally be said about you. Its making excuses because you can't beat the strategy and you should learn to play around the juju being spammed against ya. See how that could trigger anyone?

Alexandria Stormblade

PS. Be try to be more open minded
"...what about being reasonable and improving/fixing the school so they don't have to jade juju"

I see this line come up multiple times across the message boards and it makes no sense to me. Improving the Death school by giving it better options outside of Jade Juju does not make Jade Juju any less effective. It will still be just as difficult to defeat as it is now. That's like saying Balance is forced to use Loremaster spam strategies because it doesn't have anything else, and giving Balance more spells outside of Loremaster will make Loremaster spam less effective. That's not how it works. The root of the problem needs to be solved, and that is either going to be Jade gear itself, or Bad Juju. With how reluctant KI has been to make Jade gear less effective, it looks like that solution is going to be Bad Juju.

You said yourself: "Their self-damage spells do more harm than good"

So, you yourself said that a non-Jade Death wizard will be doing more harm than good by using Bad Juju, so in what way is nerfing Bad Juju to be non-enchantable hurting the Death school if a non-Jade Death wizard doesn't rely on Bad Juju?

If KI wants to make Death a good school again, that won't be by letting them spam Bad Juju to their will, they will have to give Death more attack-utility spells that don't place an Infection on the opponent, like Dr Von's Monster and Lord of Night do.

I'm tired of seeing the "give death better spells and they won't have to Bad Juju spam" argument because it really doesn't make Bad Juju spam worse (potentially makes it even stronger), so please stop bringing that up.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
PvP King on Apr 30, 2018 wrote:
"...what about being reasonable and improving/fixing the school so they don't have to jade juju"

I see this line come up multiple times across the message boards and it makes no sense to me. Improving the Death school by giving it better options outside of Jade Juju does not make Jade Juju any less effective. It will still be just as difficult to defeat as it is now. That's like saying Balance is forced to use Loremaster spam strategies because it doesn't have anything else, and giving Balance more spells outside of Loremaster will make Loremaster spam less effective. That's not how it works. The root of the problem needs to be solved, and that is either going to be Jade gear itself, or Bad Juju. With how reluctant KI has been to make Jade gear less effective, it looks like that solution is going to be Bad Juju.

You said yourself: "Their self-damage spells do more harm than good"

So, you yourself said that a non-Jade Death wizard will be doing more harm than good by using Bad Juju, so in what way is nerfing Bad Juju to be non-enchantable hurting the Death school if a non-Jade Death wizard doesn't rely on Bad Juju?

If KI wants to make Death a good school again, that won't be by letting them spam Bad Juju to their will, they will have to give Death more attack-utility spells that don't place an Infection on the opponent, like Dr Von's Monster and Lord of Night do.

I'm tired of seeing the "give death better spells and they won't have to Bad Juju spam" argument because it really doesn't make Bad Juju spam worse (potentially makes it even stronger), so please stop bringing that up.
Actually I was suggesting nerf jade the possibility of the jade juju strategy but make sure they replace it with positive changes to the school because as of now death is horrible.

Guys are forever crying nerf nerf when it comes to bad juju but not willing to compromise a replacement that would even compensate for what they lost. I'm not saying make death the best school or super overpowered but it should at least be more coordinated and balanced.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Fred Frost on Apr 24, 2018 wrote:
Hey, there have been a number of posts complaining about juju spamming so Id thought id bring to light an idea that would help make juju spammers less of a problem. Just make juju not be able to be cloaked. The thing is that juju is the one spell in wizard101 that can be used 50+ times in a match, something has to be done about this. If bad juju was made not able to be cloaked then people couldnt make treasure card bad jujus to fill their side deck with. Plus there isn't really even a point in bad juju being able to be cloaked, its obvious what it is anyways. This would make it harder for bad juju spammers to cover their opponent in jujus as they would have to only rely on their main deck jujus, and I think the decks can only carry about 8 or 10 per reshuffle. Most wands give 6 wand hits so that is already only leaving about 3 jujus to worry about.
Don't eliminate juju. Instead, create two new counter spells for single and group reversible juju spells that are both active four rounds. When the single spell is active, anyone casting juju, gets it placed back on them. And when the group spell is active, anyone casting juju, gets the spell placed on the entire team. This way, Death Wizards continue to have and use juju, until they pass out. But now there's a counter spell; or two

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Alexandrastormblad... on May 15, 2018 wrote:
Actually I was suggesting nerf jade the possibility of the jade juju strategy but make sure they replace it with positive changes to the school because as of now death is horrible.

Guys are forever crying nerf nerf when it comes to bad juju but not willing to compromise a replacement that would even compensate for what they lost. I'm not saying make death the best school or super overpowered but it should at least be more coordinated and balanced.
KI has been reluctant to nerf Jade gear for 6 years now, I highly doubt it will ever happen. However, a change I would like to propose about Bad Juju is to make the 300 self damage a fixed number that isn't altered by damage, resist or pierce, similar to how backlash operates. That way, Jades won't be able to take advantage of the close to 0 self damage it will deal with their resist, and more offensive Death wizards won't take 600/700 damage from using Bad Juju.

To tackle Jades, there needs to be a new stat that reduces incoming armor pierce. I know the idea sounds counterproductive at first, but it will be forced to be a stat eventually, and it removes Jades. If somebody has 100% armor pierce resist, with 130% armor pierce, then a Jade's resist will be obsolete since Jade gear doesn't (and hopefully won't) give armor pierce resist. If KI limits such a stat to hats, robes, and boots only, then they can rework some balanced gear for the game in the future.

When I say armor pierce resist will be forced to be a stat, is because resist can't keep going up forever. If we have 90% resist and 70% armor pierce, then shields will be overpowered. A single 70% shield would absorb the incoming 70% armor pierce, and the rest of the attack will hit on 90% resist. That would make going second impossible, and PvP would be terrible. So hopefully KI fixes Bad Juju's self damage, and adds this new stat. As for Death, I still think they need more (cheap) attack-utility spells to be in line with the other schools.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
PvP King on May 16, 2018 wrote:
KI has been reluctant to nerf Jade gear for 6 years now, I highly doubt it will ever happen. However, a change I would like to propose about Bad Juju is to make the 300 self damage a fixed number that isn't altered by damage, resist or pierce, similar to how backlash operates. That way, Jades won't be able to take advantage of the close to 0 self damage it will deal with their resist, and more offensive Death wizards won't take 600/700 damage from using Bad Juju.

To tackle Jades, there needs to be a new stat that reduces incoming armor pierce. I know the idea sounds counterproductive at first, but it will be forced to be a stat eventually, and it removes Jades. If somebody has 100% armor pierce resist, with 130% armor pierce, then a Jade's resist will be obsolete since Jade gear doesn't (and hopefully won't) give armor pierce resist. If KI limits such a stat to hats, robes, and boots only, then they can rework some balanced gear for the game in the future.

When I say armor pierce resist will be forced to be a stat, is because resist can't keep going up forever. If we have 90% resist and 70% armor pierce, then shields will be overpowered. A single 70% shield would absorb the incoming 70% armor pierce, and the rest of the attack will hit on 90% resist. That would make going second impossible, and PvP would be terrible. So hopefully KI fixes Bad Juju's self damage, and adds this new stat. As for Death, I still think they need more (cheap) attack-utility spells to be in line with the other schools.
Finally, someone else gets it. I agree with every solution proposed

-"True" damage for death self hits(unaffected by buffs, debuffs and stats) whether with an absolute number or percentage of max health
-Armor pierce resist on newer gear to simultaneously slow down the meta and allow for growth in stats
-A phasing out of hyper resist gear (such as Jade) via not adding armor pierce resist to said gear.
-More offensive utility for death outside of infection

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013

Excellent suggestions.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Big shout out to a lvl 125 death wizard I fought in PvP today (didn't get the name). He had 20-20 record and was going first but didn't cast juju once. He just attacked, and went for the kill.

As compared to a guy I fought earlier who had a better record, but cast juju every 2nd or third turn for much longer and more negative battles.

BTW, I think lulu is great spell - I don't know why so many people say death has nothing without juju. Most schools have to save pips to attack and can't heal much if at all. Death gets a strong attack spell that also heals.

Also, my solution to spamming any spell (lore, juju, etc) would be to have a cooldown that gradually increases during a battle. e.g. cooldown starts at 1 round, then 2, then 3 etc.
So you could cast a spell first round, then second round, then not until forth, then 7th, then 11th, 16th, 22nd, 29th.
Maybe stop there, but you get the idea. The more you cast a spell, the longer you will have to wait to cast it again.

No exceptions for using different versions (enchants, tc, item cards). Might also have some interesting effects wrt spamming shields, weakness, etc that would speed up longer games and make them more tactical. Do you cast your shield, juju, lore, etc now, or do you save it? If you can't spam all the same attack spell, might get more interesting and varied battles too.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Michael Bluestone on May 17, 2018 wrote:
Big shout out to a lvl 125 death wizard I fought in PvP today (didn't get the name). He had 20-20 record and was going first but didn't cast juju once. He just attacked, and went for the kill.

As compared to a guy I fought earlier who had a better record, but cast juju every 2nd or third turn for much longer and more negative battles.

BTW, I think lulu is great spell - I don't know why so many people say death has nothing without juju. Most schools have to save pips to attack and can't heal much if at all. Death gets a strong attack spell that also heals.

Also, my solution to spamming any spell (lore, juju, etc) would be to have a cooldown that gradually increases during a battle. e.g. cooldown starts at 1 round, then 2, then 3 etc.
So you could cast a spell first round, then second round, then not until forth, then 7th, then 11th, 16th, 22nd, 29th.
Maybe stop there, but you get the idea. The more you cast a spell, the longer you will have to wait to cast it again.

No exceptions for using different versions (enchants, tc, item cards). Might also have some interesting effects wrt spamming shields, weakness, etc that would speed up longer games and make them more tactical. Do you cast your shield, juju, lore, etc now, or do you save it? If you can't spam all the same attack spell, might get more interesting and varied battles too.
Lulu is a great spell...for PvE and team PvP that is. But in 1v1? Nope. It's an AoE and it only really does around 1500-2000 damage to your opponent without a critical and blades, but that damage is still pretty weak in my opinion. That's not enough to take down an Ice (their health and resist is just too much, like come on, we're talking about 8000 health here, 60+ resist and the added shield to Abominable Weaver), Balance (they can literally just Lore spam you to lower your health down and hope you fizzle, and Mana Burn), Life (they can easily just heal that damage back, especially with a critical, plus Caterpillar does more than Lulu) and Storm (they can just spam attacks and the amount you healed would be nothing). I'm gonna be honest with you, but Lulu's damage is nothing flashy and special compared to the other schools because it's a drain (yes, the heal back is nice but it's not that reliable for max level PvP like it used to be). Our enchantment is divided between the spell's damage and the heal back, whereas the single hits of other schools does more damage because theirs are fully enchanted.

And every school does need to save pips to attack, so I don't know why it seems like you are implying that Death doesn't need to. Our very first AoE we were ever given required 7 pips and it was only till recently when we got Headless Horseman, which is far better than Vampire, but it's still only a Halloween special so not many Deaths might not know of it/have it. So yes, we were worse off back then, but we're still pretty bad to this day. Many consider Death to be the worst school to PvP with and I agree. Just because you have seen Deaths win without Juju doesn't mean the school has no disadvantages at all. It is possible to win without using Juju, but if we're talking about continuous wins here and ranking up to Warlord, it's almost impossible not to. We do have the right to use it because it is our spell, but I don't agree with how it has been exploited.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013

Its interesting to think about if resist and pierce keep going up. I mean even if someone has 130% resist and a 70% shield, an opponent with 150% pierce will go straight through the shield and still have 80% pierce left to reduce resist to 50%. There are plenty of options for pierce including gear, globals, auras, shrike, pet talents, jewels, blades, etc.

I think as long as pierce continues to increase more than resist then it could even be more balanced and make jade gear obsolete - the problem is the lv60ish players where jade gear is very effective and there aren't as many pierce options available (no shrike, less gear, less jewels etc).