Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Juju the spell itself

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 15, 2015
Look I am not trying to sound salty but I think juju spammer is a problem. With the overall defensive option it way too easy to get away with juju spam and sacrifice spam. Not to mention extra reshuffle that a recipe for Warlord. It wasn't fun cause it really wasn't. I and my friend just got started with PVP and 2 "couple" got a bunch of jade gear death wizards. Both of them are level 60 and they literally spammed juju all day and sacrifice if they feel like they are low on health. It wasn't fun and I am sure that you guys don't intend to make PvP like this. Cause if you guys don't do anything about this sooner. I am literally gonna spam juju myself and yeah I can spam juju to warlord. Pls fix your game and Limit juju to a few amounts and make sure that reshuffle doesn't work as a way to reshuffle juju. I really love this game but the developer gotta do something. We are the players and our opinions matters. I hate fleeing matches but this game was a no choice cause we stall for 4 hours straight. If you don't fix it then I am doing it in PvP myself cause it seems like it isn't such a big deal. Do something before I take advantage of this very very very unfair strategy. Thanks, Kingsisle and I hope you listen to what the players have to say.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Sean the Storm on Apr 24, 2018 wrote:
Look I am not trying to sound salty but I think juju spammer is a problem. With the overall defensive option it way too easy to get away with juju spam and sacrifice spam. Not to mention extra reshuffle that a recipe for Warlord. It wasn't fun cause it really wasn't. I and my friend just got started with PVP and 2 "couple" got a bunch of jade gear death wizards. Both of them are level 60 and they literally spammed juju all day and sacrifice if they feel like they are low on health. It wasn't fun and I am sure that you guys don't intend to make PvP like this. Cause if you guys don't do anything about this sooner. I am literally gonna spam juju myself and yeah I can spam juju to warlord. Pls fix your game and Limit juju to a few amounts and make sure that reshuffle doesn't work as a way to reshuffle juju. I really love this game but the developer gotta do something. We are the players and our opinions matters. I hate fleeing matches but this game was a no choice cause we stall for 4 hours straight. If you don't fix it then I am doing it in PvP myself cause it seems like it isn't such a big deal. Do something before I take advantage of this very very very unfair strategy. Thanks, Kingsisle and I hope you listen to what the players have to say.
You can't spam bad juju at lvl 60; I guess you're talking about 80. Also as far as limiting or nerfing anything about death i am against it because death literally has nothing going for itself overall.

Death can't use they self damage spells while blading but other schools utilize death spells better than them. imagine having 100+ damage with 30+ pierce but still have to blade because your spells have overall horrible base damage.

Its also not fair deaths x pip spell has nothing to do with the overall school but other school's pertain to their specialties.

Its not fair Ashen bones tc is stronger than a Full enchanted bone dragon with epic, Ice has one of death signature spells trained (reindeer knight), fire has 3 beetle stacks that are with 35% traps for 2 pips which death and life's are 1 trap with only 30% 2 pips, Life and death has no official damage bubbles and lastly how they just decided to nerf beguile which it was already a risky spell to even use?

I am sure if KI fixed death and made it on par with other schools + added better spell coordination then there would be less juju spammers.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
I don't buy a single one of your excuses, Wakaflame. Death can be a very difficult opponent in a fight, among the toughest, if the player understands and exploits it's strengths.

Juju artiste are lazy, psychologically twisted people who enjoy tormenting others. That is what the "strat" is for.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
ChicoValerian on Apr 24, 2018 wrote:
I don't buy a single one of your excuses, Wakaflame. Death can be a very difficult opponent in a fight, among the toughest, if the player understands and exploits it's strengths.

Juju artiste are lazy, psychologically twisted people who enjoy tormenting others. That is what the "strat" is for.
Excuses you say? Another player who has 0 experience being death school but yet we all make excuses.

Do me and every death player a favor; Make a Death School Wizard. Level it 125 then do 1v1. I bet you that you will come back to this comment section and all the other ones with a describe perception on how deaths pvp.

Its easy to say "Death can be a very difficult opponent in a fight, among the toughest, if the player understands and exploits it's strengths". When you're not even open to understanding the struggle of the school as a whole.

Do I agree with "Juju artiste are lazy, psychologically twisted people who enjoy tormenting others". yes i do. Im 100% against the strategy but it still doesnt defeat the fact that death has not overall going for itself with the exception of pve.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Death is a health manipulation school. It's tricky to use. There are plenty of death warlords who don't lean on the crutch of bad juju.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
ChicoValerian on Apr 24, 2018 wrote:

Lazy is on point for some, but "psychologically twisted" is just too over the top lol. You're generalizing Juju Deaths too much.

They're only utilizing what they have, you can't blame them for that. Just like how Life has to put up with Forest Lord being their only decent AoE spell, which takes a gazillion pips to use.

There are soooo many Juju Jades running around instead of going for the offensive, so there must be at least one reason why the school is going for this 'strategy' right? Not to mention the fact that Death is considered to be the weakest among the low-tier schools by the majority. As someone who plays on Death as her main, I can tell you for sure that Bad Juju is the only spell we can consider useful to us.

If people really wish to eliminate the Juju 'strategy', then they should support Deaths who are trying to make it less of a 'Jade' school and more of an offensive one, than going around insulting every Juju Jade with no constructive criticism at all. I support the limit/nerf to Juju, but only if they counter it by granting Death useful spells or changes that would make up for their loss, otherwise don't be too surprised if a bunch of avid Death PvP-ers decides to quit and have the game in decline. You might ask, how is that my problem? It might not be an issue to you, but it would be for KI. PvP-ers, whether bad or good, are essential to the game as they keep the game alive when the PvE players no longer quest as there are no current new updates to the game. The PvP community also spends a lot of time and effort training pets, so they're often on the game pet training and they are usually the ones paying the most in order to get the gears they need/want for PvP. Do I also need to mention the long hours/days/weeks/months of farming? There is some truth to the 'pay-to-win' aspect after all business is business. Even if what he has stated may sound like 'excuses' to you, it still matters because KI values the opinion of every one of their players.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
But on another note, if Juju were to be nerfed, it might affect PvE too. Some dungeons are almost impossible to get through without a Juju spammer in the group, for example, Shadowwock. So this issue's very difficult and complicated to solve.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I'm not a PVP player but i'm going to speak my opinion on this. Bad Juju spell is fine the way it is. the purpose of the Death school is to debuff incoming damage. That's their defense. If KI nerfed Bad Juju, then they nerfed the only defense Deaths wizards have causing more complaints from PVE players. Why not make the spell non-PVP. Better yet, why not make Jade gear non-PVP. Then everyone will be happy.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on Apr 26, 2018 wrote:
I'm not a PVP player but i'm going to speak my opinion on this. Bad Juju spell is fine the way it is. the purpose of the Death school is to debuff incoming damage. That's their defense. If KI nerfed Bad Juju, then they nerfed the only defense Deaths wizards have causing more complaints from PVE players. Why not make the spell non-PVP. Better yet, why not make Jade gear non-PVP. Then everyone will be happy.
Only the people who don't like Jades/Juju will be happy with a full pvp ban. I going to take a guess here but not everyone is going to be happy about it.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Mr Talon on Apr 27, 2018 wrote:
Only the people who don't like Jades/Juju will be happy with a full pvp ban. I going to take a guess here but not everyone is going to be happy about it.
Yup, a full-on ban on Juju would literally make Death useless in PvP and not as desired as they were in teams. We will surely be lost on how our school can be utilized. Most of the people that wholly advocate for the nerf/limit/change to Juju without looking at it from both sides are biased non-Death wizards who have never had a Death wizard to even know the struggle or don't even bother finding a solution to other people's problems but themselves. Not to mention the hate that we already get from something we have no control of. We're just using what our school has, just like how Balance uses Lore. Death wizards are also forced to put up with all these nerfs, so we're probably the most tolerable and patient players in Wizard101 as far as I know, along with Life wizards, who all have to deal with their lack of AoEs.

Max Death ranked PvP is also not even worth it anymore, which is why I only participate in tourneys and 4v4 practice nowadays. Honestly, I'd rather have them nerf the Cloak trick that multiplies Bad Juju treasure cards. We've already lost so much to nerfs in the past. Lulu's reduced damage was not even needed in my opinion, the school is already weak as it is. It makes no sense to weaken the weakest school among all the low-tier schools. When I first started this game, I chose Death since the school's name sounded intimidating and powerful, like they're the wizards you wouldn't want to mess with, but turns out it's actually the opposite.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Here's a question for the folks who defend the juju artistes:

Let's say we leave juju just as it is, but in ranked pvp, change it so if you flee you get a loss but your opponent does not get a win?

Sounds fair to me.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
ChicoValerian on Apr 28, 2018 wrote:

Let's say we leave juju just as it is, but in ranked pvp, change it so if you flee you get a loss but your opponent does not get a win?

Sounds fair to me.
Feel free to pitch that to KI.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
ChicoValerian on Apr 28, 2018 wrote:

Sounds fair to me.
Are you saying you would flee every time when Bad Juju is cast on you? It's like me fleeing every time when a mob casts Efreet on me. Is that being a good sport; just give up and start fresh? I don't know much about PVP but I do know that every spell and gear that's nerfed in PVP will affect PVE as well leading to more complaints. We all have to have an open mind to work around debuffs and think about those who PVE not just PVP; vice versa. Yes, Bad Juju spamming and jade gear is a problem to many in pvp and needs to be dealt with. But nerf that spell itself is not the answers.

NOTE: If I was a PVP player, I would say the same in my post

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
The best answer to this spell that is a problem is another spell to counter it.

Purge Charms. Removes all negative charms from target. 3-4 pips.

They can still catch you with another debuff, but you're not continuously smothered under a blanket of them.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
No I have a policy against fleeing in pvp, I make them kill me if I run out of cards.

I am saying that a large percentage of the "victories" in pvp for juju artistes is not a victory but when their opponent fled.

I know how to beat the strategy, but it has poisoned pvp, especially late at night.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
How about make PvP "Options" Battles. This PvP Match allows or prohibits specified spells, pets, jewels, gear, or weapons. Anyone afraid, or not a fan of Juju Spells and Jade Gear can exclusively join battles that eliminate the use of either. And everyone else can continue to join regular PvP Matches that allow using Juju Spells and Jade Gear.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Or you could have a length time-limit on the match when you sign up.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
deathsummoner4 on Apr 26, 2018 wrote:
But on another note, if Juju were to be nerfed, it might affect PvE too. Some dungeons are almost impossible to get through without a Juju spammer in the group, for example, Shadowwock. So this issue's very difficult and complicated to solve.
There are many spells that are "no PvP". So a spell need not behave the same in PvP as it does in PvE. In PvE there are no dispel shields, for example, and stuns generate different stun shields for another.

Please understand, I'm not saying there is no place for bad juju. But when you are casting more than fifty or sixty of the same spell in a match, something is wrong with the framework.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Tylerwildpants on Apr 29, 2018 wrote:
How about make PvP "Options" Battles. This PvP Match allows or prohibits specified spells, pets, jewels, gear, or weapons. Anyone afraid, or not a fan of Juju Spells and Jade Gear can exclusively join battles that eliminate the use of either. And everyone else can continue to join regular PvP Matches that allow using Juju Spells and Jade Gear.
While it is a good idea, ranked pvp is essentially a player using everything + the kitchen sink vs. another player doing the same. Once you start dividing that pool of players into smaller pools, the complaints you see about the matching system will increase as there will be even less players in each.

PvP needs a top to bottom revamp. Maybe in a new system some sort of divisions could come to ranked.

Everything old apparently is not new again if it's pvp. But who knows maybe the devs will show some love. I'm not holding my breath though.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Mr Talon on Apr 30, 2018 wrote:
While it is a good idea, ranked pvp is essentially a player using everything + the kitchen sink vs. another player doing the same. Once you start dividing that pool of players into smaller pools, the complaints you see about the matching system will increase as there will be even less players in each.

PvP needs a top to bottom revamp. Maybe in a new system some sort of divisions could come to ranked.

Everything old apparently is not new again if it's pvp. But who knows maybe the devs will show some love. I'm not holding my breath though.
Thanks for your contributions. You raise valid points. PvP has evolved to what it is today. At one time, I was consumed learning how to best adjust up all my wizards for maximum affect and effect was a fantastic ride. My investments paid off huge with continual wins. But this eventually morphed into boredom, as matches went longer and longer to ultimately win. What was once fun and exciting turned in a tedious chore requiring less and less skill. Keeping PvP static and unchanging remains more viable to those who benefit from it; I know some of my wizards do :) Still, I'd definitely return to more active PvPing when all of my wizards can participate in optional setting PvP matches that limit and prevent, specific pet talents, gear weapons, and spells. Personally, I crave and enjoy completing defeating opponents with these imposed constraints.