Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Kiosk and Crown pet hatching - a problem

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 04, 2014
I think the behavior of hatching against a crown pet in the kiosk needs to be changed somewhat. For example, I tried to hatch with a pet that was on the list of one of the pets that I had offered to the kiosk.

Essentially it was a giraffe pet. The hatch for the giraffe would cost 850 crowns. I selected one of my NON-CROWN pets (Flamedance Seraph), which never has cost any crowns to obtain. It put up a message saying that I might not get a crown pet. Yet when the hatch was done, I wound up with a flamedance seraph. Now here is the problem.

If I had gotten a giraffe pet, I would not have minded the 850 crowns being taken from my account. But it took my crowns and my gold. If I wind up with a non-crown pet, why are crowns being deducted from my account? No crowns should be deducted unless you get a crown pet. If that is the way this mechanism is going to work, count me out of ever hatching against any crown pets any more. A regular hatch with someone in the hatchery with this pet would only cost gold and never crowns.

Don't misunderstand - I don't mind paying the crowns if using the kiosk I wind up with the crown pet. But it's not equitable to take both the gold and the crowns if the hatch produces a non-crown pet.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I agree with you. It has never cost crowns to hatch before.

If they're going to start charging extra crowns now, then at the very least paying crowns plus gold should also guarantee that we get back the crowns pet we just "paid extra" for!

Alia Misthaven