Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

proximinty of liked items to plants

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
I just double stacked 4x4 medium soils, and i'm planning to grow Evil Magma Peas (no, I have not planted yet). I have one of each Tropical Garden Gnome, Djembe Drum and Egg Basket. I placed them in the center of soils. My question is will it have effect on all of the 32 plants? How close does it need to be to have effect?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Take a medium-lot junk plant that you don't mind losing such as a Venus Fly Trap. We're gonna call that your 'guinea pig' plant. Plant it at the farthest point from the center and check if it registers the garden gnome. If it does, then your Magma Peas should be fine in the same plot. Dig up the unwanted 'guinea pig plant' and start in on your garden.

On the other hand, if the guinea pig plant doesn't register the gnome then you'll know you still have to make some adjustments.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
You can also float likes above the stack, making sure it is high enough the spells don't include your like plant in the total plant count. That way you can have them smack bang in the middle but out of the way. The exception perhaps being the gnome if you're using him as an aiming point to raise the spell from ground level.

PS. Freshta - guinea pig plant? That should be a real plant! I can see it now, cute little guinea piggle plant.....I NEED THIS TO EXIST!

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
Freshta on Apr 23, 2018 wrote:
Take a medium-lot junk plant that you don't mind losing such as a Venus Fly Trap. We're gonna call that your 'guinea pig' plant. Plant it at the farthest point from the center and check if it registers the garden gnome. If it does, then your Magma Peas should be fine in the same plot. Dig up the unwanted 'guinea pig plant' and start in on your garden.

On the other hand, if the guinea pig plant doesn't register the gnome then you'll know you still have to make some adjustments.

Alia Misthaven
that is very logical approach. thank you

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Here is how my fire wizard has a side by side Deadly Helephant Ears garden set up:

1-1-2-1-2-3-3-1-1-2-1-2

1 = a space where plants are stacked 3 high
2 = a space where plants are stacked 2 high with the ground level empty
3 = dead space equal to a medium plot with all likes set here

Using that method, the likes hit Column 1 all the way on the left AND Column 2 all the way on the right. This has never failed, however, sometimes a few on the right rear corner dont age as fast as the others