Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fix the minotaur minion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
I used the minotaur minion hoping it would be good but all i got was a pile of garbage, he wasted tower shield upon tower shield on himself while im getting hammered by endless spells and he only healed himself. All he did was extend the battle and make it harder when minions are supposed to help. Please fix this pile of trash.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Garrett WildGlade on Apr 22, 2018 wrote:
I used the minotaur minion hoping it would be good but all i got was a pile of garbage, he wasted tower shield upon tower shield on himself while im getting hammered by endless spells and he only healed himself. All he did was extend the battle and make it harder when minions are supposed to help. Please fix this pile of trash.
You might want to learn how the game works first, before calling something "trash".

There is nothing to "fix" with the minotaur, that's the way it is designed. Not all minions are centered on buffing you or healing you, but rather themselves, because they are "tanking" for you.

Below is a good guide to the Myth minions and a previous discussion on the minotaur minion usefulness.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/myth-minion-manual-34903

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/player-vs-player/minotaur-minion-hidden-potential-45441

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
With the Minotaur, I think his original role was supposed to be taunt the enemy and then take their hits. A long time ago, back in 2010 or so, our minions would draw immediate aggro from enemies and then they would die quickly because they had such low health. The Minotaur kind of worked as a shielding tank for us in those days. Then KI changed things to make our minions more "invisible" to the enemies, so they would last longer. That made the Troll and Cyclops much more useful, but the Minotaur became truly useless because the enemies don't "see" him.

Alia Misthaven, 124
Emma Ravencaller, 78

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The Minotaur Minion works very similarly to the Water Elemental the school receives.

The water elemental used to do the exact thing you now write that the Minotaur apparently still does.

So, because the water elemental was practically being a little useless, many diviners chimed in touting it's usefulness which was, as you can see, not so useful.

An update was since made and now the water elemental now defends, heals (not only himself) and even attacks appropriately.

No complaints came about the Minotaur Minion, so, it was completely forgotten about.

Hence, was not updated.

Also, because the school has so many choices, I guess it wasn't deemed important (the cyclops minion as you know is still even much better than the minotaur who is suppose to be the superior one).

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
Have to admit...

I laughed a little at this post..

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Is it wrong that I laughed a little at this post? XD

Survivor
Jun 02, 2017
Usually, minions taunt the enemies so that they take damage for you. It was probably towering itself to prepare for incoming damage once it used the taunt card. I think that makes sense? But correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't made a Myth Wizard yet. Also, the Minotaur Minion only has the card Sprite to heal so I wouldn't rely on that too much for heals.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Garrett WildGlade on Apr 22, 2018 wrote:
Minotaur minion has Taunt, Tower Shield and Sprite, these powers allow him to stay a bit longer in battle, while he draws attacks away from you. He also has a self attack, Troll and Blood Bat.
I will say that my Minotaur Minion has occasionally given my Myth Wiz a shield and heal. I think you just had some random bad luck with that one battle.
You could wait until you get the next minion ( isn't that Talos? ) and he's pretty good.