Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Participation Trophies

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Since its a double reagent membership bonus I decided to take the hit and finally craft the focused wand. Aether dust is just as annoying to try and find as usual but I want to call attention to the trophies more than anything.

They were a horrible idea and I hope that they never get used for anything outside of PvP specific equipment from this point on.

I hate pvp, I shouldn't be forced to go through a tournament and waste my crowns on chest rerolls or fight 100 some odd battles for arena tickets to buy these things. I'd rather have to find 300 antiquities and 400 gold pearls per trophy than go through one more PvP battle. If there is ever another arena ticket only reagent in a crafting quest I'm just gonna have to go without crafting until the game shuts down.

(And before anyone says but you can get them from dailys I have been doing dailys for months and haven't seen one trophy out of it yet. NOT ONE!)

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Don't do 100+ pvp battles - do tournaments. Each tournament only lasts about an hour, and even if you lose most or all of your 4 battles you usually get 200-400 trophies. If you win ~2/4 often 500-1000. You can get the participation trophies within a day if you enter a few quick match 1 on 1 tournaments.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Or do your Daily Assignments - you can get Participation Trophies through the Chest every week, you won't get a notification when you get one so check your reagents in your backpack. I haven't done a single Ranked PVP or Tournament and I already have enough to craft any of the required recipes.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2016
you can always go see Higginbottom and get it for 800 tickets he is in the pet pavilion

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
Discord Spiders on Apr 21, 2018 wrote:
Since its a double reagent membership bonus I decided to take the hit and finally craft the focused wand. Aether dust is just as annoying to try and find as usual but I want to call attention to the trophies more than anything.

They were a horrible idea and I hope that they never get used for anything outside of PvP specific equipment from this point on.

I hate pvp, I shouldn't be forced to go through a tournament and waste my crowns on chest rerolls or fight 100 some odd battles for arena tickets to buy these things. I'd rather have to find 300 antiquities and 400 gold pearls per trophy than go through one more PvP battle. If there is ever another arena ticket only reagent in a crafting quest I'm just gonna have to go without crafting until the game shuts down.

(And before anyone says but you can get them from dailys I have been doing dailys for months and haven't seen one trophy out of it yet. NOT ONE!)
I absolutely agree with you 100%. Shame Shame to whomever thought of this and the other items needed to make this almost impossible to craft!!