Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Steel Impossible For Low Levels?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2009
I'm level 33 and I'm in a bit of a corner here when it comes to (storm) star jewel crafting. The ingredients are easy enough except for steel. For some reason this metal drops from enemies way late in the game, where it's real sole purpose is to craft items level 15+.

I know there's a garden plant that drops this but I need all my energy to train my pet to mega so I can unlock my final perk. The bazaar sells steel so rarely and if it does it gets taken almost immediately since it's so high in demand.

Is there a way for me to consistently get steel where I am now without having to rely on the bazaar or crowns, or am I out of luck here?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Honestly, the best place to get it is the bazaar!

Go to the reagents, then click on 'name' so the list goes in reverse alphabetical order so you're closer to where steel would be. See where it would fit in the list if it was there so when you try again your eyes are drawn close to where it will show up when someone sells some. Now click the reagents again to refresh it, click 'name', be ready to buy it fast! Repeat...

I hope you get it quickly, good luck!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Well, in my experience, I'm always see Steel at the Bazaar. I wouldn't classify it as Rare, more like Uncommon.

That said, your best bet would be to continue hanging around the Bazaar until some shows up, then be quick on your fingers.

Other sources would require crowns as it involves [purchasing a few packs] or energy.

A wide array of bosses also drop the reagent, however none can be soloed at your current level.

You can also try fishing as they can be found in fishing chests although this will require energy; try fishing at
  • Myth House
  • Life House
  • Storm House
  • Botanical Gardens

The Jewel Star Blossom also has a chance of dropping it at each harvest.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2011
I managed to collect 30 steel from various mobd, and I dumped them all into the myth pet jewel recipe in hopes of a dealer jewel, which of course is not the case. My pet has spell proof, defy, myth giver, pain givet, and maycast infallible, so a dealer jewel is VERY crucial. Anybody know an efficient way of farming steel, or a myth dealer jewel? Thanks!

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
if you need rare reagents for low level wizards feed your unwanted clothes, wands, decorating items that you get from fighting bosses to your pet. You will always get gold, treasure cards, or some rare reagent, and yes you have a chance at getting steel.