Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Soloing Jotun?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 16, 2010
So, I've tried this before - but I'm gearing up to try again, this time with a wizard. I just turned Level 30, and am on the world before Jotun in Grizzleheim. I'm curious if anyone has any strategies on how to solo this as a level 30. I know you have to take care of the other two doors first, before getting to him in the middle - but when I go to the first door, there's like 4-5 level incredible bosses with like 4-6000 HPs each. The only thing I can think of is to set a lot of time aside and buy some crowns to get minions to help me, but there has to be a way to do this solo without having a lot of people with you, and without having to buy crowns.

I'm even fine with someone telling me "wait until you're Level 50", but I was just curious if anyone has soloed Jotun, and if so, how did you do it with a Death?

Thanks.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The only possible way I see to defeating him soloing at that level is the idea you suggested; by using henchmen.

Other than that, you'll easily be dispatched.

Level 50 with full senator's gear (dropped in Mount Olympus) seems like a decent start.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I soloed Jotun and his brothers with an Ice at level 52. As for how, um... lots of Feints and blades. Basically I stacked as many blades and traps as I could, then hit hard with Colossus and Snow Angels. For healing I used a defense pet that spammed Fairy, Unicorn and Tower shields. Without the pet I doubt I'd have survived the three brothers.

While Ice is obviously not Death, some of the battle strategies are the same. In your case, the spells you'll want to use are Wraith, your 6 pip health drain spell, and Scarecrow - your 7 pip AoE drain. You'll want to kill the minion ASAP, then go to work on Jotun. Taking his brothers out first in the side dungeons is definitely the easier way to go.

(Just as an FYI, Jotun has 9000 health and he is Storm. If you feel overwhelmed at the thought of taking on his brothers with only 4000 or 6000 health by yourself, then you really might want to rethink the idea of soloing Jotun.)

If you do decide to give it a go, there is a guy from years ago in this linked thread who describes how he soloed Jotun with a level 51 Death.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?258851-How-do-you-beat-Jotun/page2

Bottom line, I'd suggest waiting until after you pass level 50, then get some gear that gives you Critical hits. A critical hit does twice the damage of a regular hit, which can cut battle length in half. It will also allow you to get a huge amount of health back with each of your hits.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Nov 24, 2015
You have to be at least level 40 before Ambrose calls you back to Grizzleheim to fight Jotun and his brothers. For soling, I recommend doing the two side dungeons in Nivadler (sp). There is one of his brothers at the end of each dungeon, beating them first makes them disappear in the Jotun battle, making it much more manageable. Each fight with his brothers consist of the brother, along with two minions around 1000 health. Good luck!