Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make Pet Derby Fun Again!!!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 20, 2012
Pet Derby is so dead. No one does it anymore. I have sit for hours and not one match. Com'on Kingsisle do something to get people more active in Pet Derby. Make Pet Derby tournaments and add a leaderboard. Make there be a higher reward for the winner instead of a couple arena tickets. In PVP when you rank higher you get more tickets so why not make Derby the same way. Just do something to help bring Pet Derby back and make it fun again.

Defender
May 31, 2009
Cody - could NOT agree with you more. I've many posts on Central about this and here are my suggestions.

Spectator Mode
Arena PvP has this!

Tournaments
Arena PvP (and FISHING!) has this!

Leaderboards
Arena PvP has this!

Team races
Arena PvP has this!

More courses
How about a course with mostly water, or a course with only curves and no straight aways, or a really really long course.

More Ranked courses
Currently only 4 of the 18 courses are used

Fix the glitches

Add some Derby abilities

Add new course features

Improve Derby incentives
How about more tickets for races, pets available to only certain derby ranks AND un-hatchable, timer "discounts"

Derby Downs - A Derby House!
All the new bundles have Arena PvP areas, but WHAT IF there was a house that had a derby course that you could Customize?! Just like building Castles, there could be bits to add based upon your Derby rank.

All of these would be FUN, but there's one suggestion that is almost TOO obvious that would help Derby a ton

TRAINING PETS IN PRACTICE
You can feed your pet after a RANKED race, but...why? Why would anyone enter a pet in a RANKED race if that pet still needed to be trained? Does K I think that derby ranks don't matter so it's OK to enter a pet that will probably lose? And why would this option only be available to members or people willing to pay crowns.

What if you could train a pet in PRACTICE? And, seriously bump up the training points like so -
4 racers - 20 for 1st, 16 for second, 12 for third, 8 for last
3 racers - 16 / 12 / 8
2 racers - 12 / 8
1 racer - 8

OR let racers double feed, or Triple Feed!

What would anyone rather do - a mindless maze, or dancing game, or ANY of the mini games, OR do a derby race? So many people would take the derby option, and there would be a ZILLION races to join instead of none. And as players get better at derby, more would join RANKED derby.

So OBVIOUS!

Thank you for your post Cody - hopefully KI understands that Derby COULD be a great thing.

Casp

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Caspeen on Mar 26, 2018 wrote:
Cody - could NOT agree with you more. I've many posts on Central about this and here are my suggestions.

Spectator Mode
Arena PvP has this!

Tournaments
Arena PvP (and FISHING!) has this!

Leaderboards
Arena PvP has this!

Team races
Arena PvP has this!

More courses
How about a course with mostly water, or a course with only curves and no straight aways, or a really really long course.

More Ranked courses
Currently only 4 of the 18 courses are used

Fix the glitches

Add some Derby abilities

Add new course features

Improve Derby incentives
How about more tickets for races, pets available to only certain derby ranks AND un-hatchable, timer "discounts"

Derby Downs - A Derby House!
All the new bundles have Arena PvP areas, but WHAT IF there was a house that had a derby course that you could Customize?! Just like building Castles, there could be bits to add based upon your Derby rank.

All of these would be FUN, but there's one suggestion that is almost TOO obvious that would help Derby a ton

TRAINING PETS IN PRACTICE
You can feed your pet after a RANKED race, but...why? Why would anyone enter a pet in a RANKED race if that pet still needed to be trained? Does K I think that derby ranks don't matter so it's OK to enter a pet that will probably lose? And why would this option only be available to members or people willing to pay crowns.

What if you could train a pet in PRACTICE? And, seriously bump up the training points like so -
4 racers - 20 for 1st, 16 for second, 12 for third, 8 for last
3 racers - 16 / 12 / 8
2 racers - 12 / 8
1 racer - 8

OR let racers double feed, or Triple Feed!

What would anyone rather do - a mindless maze, or dancing game, or ANY of the mini games, OR do a derby race? So many people would take the derby option, and there would be a ZILLION races to join instead of none. And as players get better at derby, more would join RANKED derby.

So OBVIOUS!

Thank you for your post Cody - hopefully KI understands that Derby COULD be a great thing.

Casp
As I usually do when it comes to derby, I agree with Caspeen. I think these are great ideas!

Hero
Aug 18, 2011