Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Text-to_chat stopped working.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 14, 2011
Well, yesterday March 24, 2018 my chat was working fine. I even had open chat after purchasing crowns and a membership. Now, when I log back into my account the chat is not working. It is almost as if it is appearing as disabled. When I want chat with a friend or even my own brother I can't. Can someone please fix this or give me a solution, or i'm just go to stop playing the game indefinably.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
matthewnix2 on Mar 25, 2018 wrote:
Well, yesterday March 24, 2018 my chat was working fine. I even had open chat after purchasing crowns and a membership. Now, when I log back into my account the chat is not working. It is almost as if it is appearing as disabled. When I want chat with a friend or even my own brother I can't. Can someone please fix this or give me a solution, or i'm just go to stop playing the game indefinably.
You might want to check your Email.

You might have a permanent mute.

If that doesn't seem to be the problem, try contacting Customer Support.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
It does sound like you have had a sanction in the form of a mute. This could be permanent (10 years) or for a shorter period of time. It is possible it has been done in error if you haven't said anything that goes against the Terms of Use.

If your account has been muted you will have received an email from KI to the email address you supplied for the account or master account. Check your emails and don't forget to also check the spam folder. Do this promptly because if it went into spam your email may have an auto clear after a set time limit eg every 7 days.

If you have been sanctioned and do not know why you can email KI to find out more information. Be polite and patient if they take longer than usual to reply. They will check the chat logs and correct it if it was an error, or let you know what you did wrong if there is something.

If it was a mistake or misunderstanding you can explain to KI and ask if they could please reconsider the sanction. KI are very understanding and reasonable about things. They also understand people sometimes make mistakes. If you are polite and patient dealing with the issue there is a good chance it will become a learning experience with a positive outcome.

All the best

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Shoot an email to KI to figure out the root of the issue.

They'll be explain anything regarding your account.

support@wizard101.com