Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team Up Timer Penalty

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Hello.

I wrote this once and then accidentally hit the right mouse button and the whole browser shut. argh

So I will make it shorter this time.
I was penalized and given no credit for a completed team up battle because the person who had originally requested the team up, had left before anyone was even ported to the battle.

I will skip the story of how I know that because I'm tired and might accidentally hit the wrong button and erase my post again and I couldn't take that twice in a row. Lol

Basically they left after I joined and I got distracted and then it was just me and someone new who came into the team up, and then all four of a team were ported to battle. We all played nice. We all participated. We all were still tehre when it was over with. No one left. No one was left out either.

But I got a pop up saying I wasn't getting credit for the team up because the person who called for it wasn't thereat the end of the battle.

My suggestion is: Please change the code so that if the person who requests a team up leaves before anyone is ported to the battle, it doesn't matter. There is nothing we can do about that and no way we can stop that. It isn't our fault, so we shouldn't be penalized.
I didn't even notice the requesting person had left team up queue until too late.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I've noticed this as well. It happens often enough that I now keep the count-down window open and quickly withdraw if the other person ducks out. If the person I join is actually the "second" person (and the first person who called for the team-up already left before I joined), then I run into the situation you've just described.

Yes, it's frustrating.

Hopefully KI can tweak the programming to drop the penalty if the original team-up requester drops out on their own, before the battle begins. OR, place a star by their name in the team-up window, so we can see right away that the original requester is still in the queue. No starred player waiting? Then the original person is gone and don't join that team-up if you don't want the hassle of a time-out penalty. At least that would give us a clue whether to join the team or not. In fact, it would be best to see the star next to their school symbol even before we actually select a battle to join.

(Sometimes I'll join anyway because the time-out doesn't bother me much. I just wait it out in the Bazaar, selling off my loot. But yeah, it's nice to know what I'm heading into before I commit myself.)

Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Freshta on Mar 21, 2018 wrote:
I've noticed this as well. It happens often enough that I now keep the count-down window open and quickly withdraw if the other person ducks out. If the person I join is actually the "second" person (and the first person who called for the team-up already left before I joined), then I run into the situation you've just described.

Yes, it's frustrating.

Hopefully KI can tweak the programming to drop the penalty if the original team-up requester drops out on their own, before the battle begins. OR, place a star by their name in the team-up window, so we can see right away that the original requester is still in the queue. No starred player waiting? Then the original person is gone and don't join that team-up if you don't want the hassle of a time-out penalty. At least that would give us a clue whether to join the team or not. In fact, it would be best to see the star next to their school symbol even before we actually select a battle to join.

(Sometimes I'll join anyway because the time-out doesn't bother me much. I just wait it out in the Bazaar, selling off my loot. But yeah, it's nice to know what I'm heading into before I commit myself.)

Alia Misthaven
I like both of those ideas!
I also wish the team up timer gave some indication of battle difficulty, number of rooms etc. or even if it's a puzzle vs. a battle.

I avoid so many worlds in the team up kiosk because I simply cannot remember all of the battles and their details and I don't always have or wish to spend an hour plus on a team up. (I try sometimes and half the time the people are either farming or trolling. Farming is fine but only if I have an hour plus time to 'kill' doing something I have no purpose for on my own, and which I'm not really helping anyone with; which isn't a mood I'm in very often Lol, and trolling is never okay.)

Any extra info in the team up queue would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and please don't penalize us if we did nothing wrong. *puppy eyes*