Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pet level up

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
i see a lot of pets at ancient and people leveling them up very quick i don't get how they do that please explain.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Pets are leveled up by training them. If you use pet snacks that only give 2-4 experience per mini-game, training your pet will take an eternity.

Larger "Mega" pet snacks, like rank 8 or higher, give much higher amounts of experience to help a pet level up fast. They usually give 25-30 experience, but the very best ones give 45-50 experience! High level Mega snacks drop from the higher worlds, such as Avalon, Azteca, Khrysalis, Polaris, Mirage, Empyrea, etc. They also drop from dungeons, especially the tough ones.

You can also get Mega Snacks (the best pet snacks) from gardening. Prickly Bear Cactus, Frozen Fly Traps, White Tiger Lilies, and Maelstrom Snap Dragons are all dropped plants that can give you mega snacks with 25-30 xp. If you have crowns, then Deadly Helephant Ears, Sword Ferns, Evil Magma Peas and Couch Potatoes are the best way to go, for they give the 45-50 experience snacks.

Couch Potato plants definitely drop in Mirage and Empyrea, but also sometimes drop in Grizzleheim. If you ever get one, definitely start growing it! You will always get a mega snack when the plant goes elder.

So anyway, in summary, people level up their pets fast by using the best possible pet snacks during training.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Isabella0113223 on Mar 18, 2018 wrote:
i see a lot of pets at ancient and people leveling them up very quick i don't get how they do that please explain.
With enough high powered snacks and a double-experience weekend, it is quite possible to level a pet from baby to ancient in a weekend.

I've done it twice.

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Most players (including myself) take advantage of the tools that are given/available to them.

What are these tools you may ask?

Well, they're:

• Mega-Pack Snacks - No Auction Snacks that provide a multitude of experience to your pet upon feeding after the completion of a game.
  • Energy Gear - Gear that raises the base energy so players have more to use in pet training.
  • Double Xp Events - Event KI occasionally has which doubles the amount of experience the pet receives from both snacks and games.
  • Energy Elixirs - Elixir available from the crown shop which instantaneously re-fills your energy.

So, with the use of these tools, players find it a little easier to train pets even up to Mega. It's still tedious, don't get me wrong, but it's at least a little easier.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I mega a lot of pets fast and the 'secret' to this is the infrastructure behind it. Although it can appear that I do it fast that is only the final part of the process. The following are the things I do to make it easy to mega a pet whenever I want to but unless you want to take lots of pets to mega you will likely want to scale it down to whatever you need. I hope it helps

1. Energy: I obtain and use the best energy gear available to me. Some of my wizards have pack bought gear, some level 80 dropped gear (Avalon BOX), some in-game gear bought for arena tickets. I add a corgi (+8) with huge energy manifested (+15) and energy jewels wherever possible. I also add any items that add energy (eg wand etc) that are possible at that level too.

2. Energy cont: I also use energy elixirs. I usually buy mine but they can easily be obtained from the Wysteria map (Tanglewood Way) on Grub Guardian. That is how I started out getting them free after the one-off fee for the maps and towers I wanted. I think it was about 2000c and it gives several energy elixirs a day after that one payment!

3. Mega snacks. I make large stacked* gardens and maintain them by rotation according to how much energy I have available. I mainly use couch potatoes and evil magma peas.

4. Failing the dance game! I make my screen small, go hidden to friends and open a second window to watch a film or play my other account. I fail the dance game over and over, feeding a snack each time until it is mega.

There are guides online for energy gear, getting energy elixirs through grub guardian and getting mega snacks so you can work out what is best for your wizard

*Please note that KI allow stacked gardens but will not offer support for them should they glitch out or go wrong. If you make them I suggest following a guide online and if something isn't 'in line' as it should be, plow and replace instead of hoping it will work...accuracy matters! Test new stacks with bazaar seeds and bug bolt first!