Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can we have moon mastery? please?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
Ok as many of you may not know there are moon spells you can learn from an npc called arkyn moonblade. whats interesting about them is that despite the fact they all do damage for a different school they also all take the same amount of pips from you regardless of your school, since they're all moon spells! The good thing though is that they are all AMAZING spells! its like loremaster for each school! low-level pip steals, charm and shield breaks, a jack ton weakness's and blades, all in single attack spells. Now there's why these spells aren't that popular, nobody uses single attack spells very often since combat is against multiple opponents most of the time.

Add onto the fact that the spells take up more pips than the norm and we have our conundrum, but in pvp, I smell opportunity! there's really no reason not to let us have it from a pve standpoint as the spells aren't viable for that, but they'd be LEGENDARY in pvp! so can we get an amulet or, maybe, at some point in the game, like whenever we get to go to the shadow realm, we get the choice of having certain enhancements to our character, and moon mastery is one of them!

Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
piratical505 on Mar 18, 2018 wrote:
Ok as many of you may not know there are moon spells you can learn from an npc called arkyn moonblade. whats interesting about them is that despite the fact they all do damage for a different school they also all take the same amount of pips from you regardless of your school, since they're all moon spells! The good thing though is that they are all AMAZING spells! its like loremaster for each school! low-level pip steals, charm and shield breaks, a jack ton weakness's and blades, all in single attack spells. Now there's why these spells aren't that popular, nobody uses single attack spells very often since combat is against multiple opponents most of the time.

Add onto the fact that the spells take up more pips than the norm and we have our conundrum, but in pvp, I smell opportunity! there's really no reason not to let us have it from a pve standpoint as the spells aren't viable for that, but they'd be LEGENDARY in pvp! so can we get an amulet or, maybe, at some point in the game, like whenever we get to go to the shadow realm, we get the choice of having certain enhancements to our character, and moon mastery is one of them!
Can I get a reply?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Moon mastery seems like a waste (IMO) for such a small quantity of attack spells. These spells COULD be more useful than they are right now, but I just dont see it happening any time soon. I've suggested a way it could work before.

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
I think this is a bad idea.

1. The point of mastery amulets is for players to be able to use useful spells a lot without mass pip drainage. Some aren't really relevant (like ice, storm and death). Some are really useful ( life mastery to spam heals in either PVP or hard bosses, myth to spam shatter and earthquake in PVP or hard bosses and fire to perhaps spam rampage??). To me, there are not enough good moon spells for the amulet to be in game. No one spams moon spells in PVP or in boss fights and if they DO use them, they can handle the pip loss since it's a one off spell and imagine if you can spam shift Grendel in PVP? that would be a disaster!, we already have black mantle, loremaster and juju spammers, lets not add in another.

2. It wouldn't balance the amulets off. If we add in a moon mastery, players will beg for a star or sun mastery when really, there's no point for either in the first place. Most of the astral spells don't require any pips at all, which is good because the point of astral spells is to boost our damage, accuracy and pierce, not have more spells that would just be forgotten. I honestly like how things are in terms of astral spells and hope KI will have more plans with them in the future, perhaps add in a couple more attacks that could benefit us.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
I do not agree with a Mastery Amulet, the Moon, Sun and Star Spells should not cost us anymore pips than what is on the card. Since there is no such thing as a sun, star and Moon school that we can learn without being one of the seven schools.
So basically it is a Mastery that is given to us like Shadow spells and we have no choice to take the shadow spell or not.
Moon, Sun and Star spells are like to enhance your wizard. So why do we have to use 6 pips instead of 3 for these spells. They are not worth 6 pips in PVP or in PVE.
Those spells should be reduced to 1 or 2 pips at the most.
Then they would compare to Loremaster and other 4 pip spells