Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can u get level locked treasure cards?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 05, 2013
I would like to know if there is any way to aquire treasure cards, which are level locked from buying. i need them for certain recipies.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I know you made this post a little while ago but if you're still wondering about level locked TC this might be helpful.

A lot of the level locked TC can be obtained through drops or gardening even though we're unable to buy them yet.

I grow a patch of Sour Fickle Pickles for Colossal and Extraordinary. They also drop Gargantuan.

You can do a quick online search (W101+TC+name of tc) to find out which plants/bosses etc drop the specific cards you're looking for, or you can specify them here and I'll find out for you

Some cards are level locked but they are not level locked when they're being obtained as drops

Good luck and hope this helps!

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
I believe there are a few cards that are level locked. I think Potent Trap is one (not sure about Sharpen Blade), and I think some of the higher end damage card boosters, like Gargantuan, are level locked.

Delver
May 29, 2009
If you are referring to cards that say you must be such and such wizard level or a particular level in crafting there are ways around obtaining some of them. For example my low level wizard (level 14 at the time) was going for Grandmaster Artisan but even though she had access (through porting) to Celestia she was unable to buy the Polymorph Treant treasure cards. You had to be level 55 to do so. However, through my other higher level account I was able to trade them to her so she could craft her Seal of the Seven Seas and get her GM crafting badge.

Some cards like Potent Trap and Sharpened Blade that were mentioned are no trade no auction. The only way to get them is through drops. My guess is if you are able to port into certain bosses and able to hold your own during the battle then you also have the chance of receiving those TCs as drops even if you can't personally use them in battle due to your level. Check out the Wiki on Wizard101Central to find the particular TCs you are looking for and see who drops them. The other alternative is to find a higher level wizard to befriend you and trade some of theirs.

Good luck with your farming and crafting endeavors!

~SM~

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I think level locked TC only prevents us purchasing them but when we have them we can use them even though we're below level. Some of it is no trade so we can't get them from higher level wizards but they can be obtained as drops from gardening, packs or surviving a battle with a boss who drops them. I think gargantuan is the only tc that can be traded between higher level wizards but not traded to those lower than level 58, but if your lower level wizard has managed to get it they can use it.

Fun story:

I was running a new wizard through wiz city and a F2P newbie joined me. He kept jumping into my street battles and saying, "Watch this!" then using a TC polymorph He'd been given a few different ones and was loving using them and showing me how cool they were (he didn't know I had maxed wizards and had seen them all already lol).

Anyway, while we were running about and he was showing me his fun TC I took my max wiz on my main account to the bazaar and bought a bunch of each polymorph available then ported and gave them to him. He was soooo happy and when I reached the point where he couldn't keep following me he at least had some cool TC to enjoy. I love that excitement of discovering something new in this game, it fills me with joy even when it's someone else discovering it and sharing how happy they are Playing Wizard101 never fails to make me smile!

Survivor
Aug 05, 2013
Thx for all the help guys, but I managed to solve the problem I had since I reached the level required before I could use them. It may have not been specific enough but it was about the card that gives +225 dmg (gargantium I think) cause my friend said he couldn't find it.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
dracodeathblood on Apr 3, 2018 wrote:
Thx for all the help guys, but I managed to solve the problem I had since I reached the level required before I could use them. It may have not been specific enough but it was about the card that gives +225 dmg (gargantium I think) cause my friend said he couldn't find it.
I just realised something about my last post regarding using level-locked TC. I only tried them in PvE so can't confirm if they were able to be used in PvP as well. Is that what you were meaning, were you talking about being able to use them in PvP?

Just wondering because if I try to use them in PvP I don't want to get into the fight only to find half my deck doesn't work! I know we can use them in PvE because I double checked before I made my last post but didn't think about it maybe being different in the Arena.

Glad you sorted it and well done on the level up

Survivor
Aug 05, 2013
I`m sorry that I didn`t make it very clear, but the reason i posted this was because my friend were going to trade me some treasure cards to help me build celestial observatory.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
dracodeathblood on Apr 3, 2018 wrote:
I`m sorry that I didn`t make it very clear, but the reason i posted this was because my friend were going to trade me some treasure cards to help me build celestial observatory.
Awesome! Have you got everything you need to craft it now?

Survivor
Aug 05, 2013
Yes. I made it about a week ago