Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fake reports

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2015
I'm getting really annoyed with people fake reporting other people for minor things. For example if someone wanted to do a skeleton key boss and the other didn't, the person would report. If someone wouldn't help someone with a dungeon, they would report.

I get a feeling if enough people fake report then like, they would be banned unfairly for stupid things. Maybe KI can have like a special system that picks up on genuine reports and not salty kids tears.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
KI already has a system to judge the legitimacy of all reports.

Whenever a report is made, KI looks particularly at the chat log 5 minutes before the report was made, and 5 minutes after it was made.

This along with some other factors goes into deciding whether the report was with good intentions or just someone trolling.

Often times, the troller in this case would be the one up for punishment and not the innocent victim who the troller tried to punish.

So, if you're being or were false reported, don't worry too much about it (if you were innocent).

You can always contact KI and plea your case too.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Trigon101060 on Mar 7, 2018 wrote:
I'm getting really annoyed with people fake reporting other people for minor things. For example if someone wanted to do a skeleton key boss and the other didn't, the person would report. If someone wouldn't help someone with a dungeon, they would report.

I get a feeling if enough people fake report then like, they would be banned unfairly for stupid things. Maybe KI can have like a special system that picks up on genuine reports and not salty kids tears.
If you didn't get an E-mail from KingsIsle stating a report & punishment, then you're fine. The one false reporting will be the one punished.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Trigon101060 on Mar 7, 2018 wrote:

It's very human for us to want to see justice done. If we (or friends) are subjected to false reports we worry for our accounts and naturally feel hurt. We want to know what is going to happen to the terrible person who subjected us to such an ordeal. KI will never tell us. They'll never say what happened to the rogue who false reported us!

This is partly because as long as it isn't being held against us it shouldn't matter to us, but also because many false reports are not malicious.

After getting a bunch of false reports I got worried and sent KI Support a message about it. They sent me a lovely message back reassuring me false reports are not held against my account and that they take the action they deem appropriate. They went on to explain many false reports are people who just got the report feature who 'try it out'. They message them to explain how the feature works and should be used.

I'd hate for a kid new to the game to be in trouble for a false report just because they didn't read the prompts and 'tried it out' on me. It's also human to try out new things and we don't always read the instructions (especially kids).

KI has a great system in place to check what has happened. They look at chat logs after a report - I heard an hour before, an hour after - and determine if something needs a message to explain, a sanction on the account or nothing at all.

KI will never tell us what happens to someone else's account, only our own. I know it can be hurtful but please know sometimes it is human error or experimentation with a new feature. There isn't always malice at all. Sorry this happened to you and you're finding it upsetting. If you're unsure or worried you could ask KI if there is anything held against your account. They're really nice about it and no doubt you'd get a lovely response.

If you're not worried, let it go. KI have ALL the logs and have your back

Hero
May 07, 2015
I know how you feel!

me and two other friends, a few years ago, were doing a RP in game, and two of my friends ported to me.

I guess they knew each other (the two friends who ported to me) in real life.

a few minutes later, me, and the two friends I was doing the RP with all got reported!

we weren't saying anything wrong, just having a good deal of fun. my one friend who I was doing the RP with, got reported, I think, she or someone said ten times!

a few days later, or a week or more later, idk if it was related, she was muted for ten years!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Sun Girl could it have been for something unrelated to game play or for something they could've said in private messages?

Sorry that happened to your friends, though.