Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Put your pets on tasks!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 01, 2014
In pirate101, you can put companions on tasks, and after a couple hours, you'd get a reward based on what you chose.

If you haven't played pirate101, here is an example: If I told my companion to plunder for pet snacks, they would go on a cooldown, and when the cooldown was over, they would give me pet snacks. You could also assign multiple at a time, but the more you assign, the longer it takes.

I was thinking the same thing would be a great feature for wizard101. What if we could assign our spare pets to do chores? The higher rank pet, the better rewards it would be, you could
1. plunder for gold
(baby = 100, teen = 500, adult = 1200, ancient = 2500, epic = 5000, mega = 10,000, stronger pets have a longer cooldown)

2. plunder for reagents and snacks (higher rank pet = higher rank snacks and reagents, stronger pets have longer cooldown)

3. plunder for treasure cards (same system for above, higher rank pet = higher pip spell)

4. plunder for housing items

tell me what you think!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I love this idea

'Plundering' sounds so piratey we'd need to get creative on a more wizardy name for it

I totally love the idea of setting pets onto tasks, it would get us thinking what we could use our more neglected pets for as well. Perhaps we 'summon pets' then assign them little missions? It would be amazing if we could get them to train themselves too...no more dance game woohoo!

I wonder what else we could get them to do...collect mana/health for bottles perhaps? What kinds of things would you get them to do?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I think it would be a great idea.

I'd also like the ability to train up minions. Pixie is just gathering dust in my spell deck. Sir Bedevere is gradually getting to the point where he cannot compete with the mobs.

The ability to train pets on more than just the games sounds like a wonderful idea.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
If you could put your pets on task to gain xp, ie, play games, then you wouldn't have to go to Wizard City, and across to the various games, you could just stay where you were. If you had a quest that involved going to many locations, you could leave your pet 'playing games' while you went about talking to people, or getting reagents from vendors, or even crafting/gardening/fishing/other. Minions just need to come in more powerful varieties, such as Dragons, Kraken, Stormcallers, and the like. If we could put pets 'on task', then we'd quickly learn how much we depend on them, since we'd be without them until the task was finished.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
There's great potential here!

And while we're on the topic of incorporating ideas from P101.

I would love the see the game add a "Fast Combat Option" as well. Allowing users to speed up spell animations such as Forest Lord, Ra and even the elemental and spiritual blades.

This option would of course be toggled by the options menu.

Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
instead of plundering, you could use conjuring

Survivor
Jan 18, 2016
Ugh, yes! The feature in Pirate101 made a lot more use for pets. I mean, that was how you trained them, but it gave them use at the same time because they'd give you items once they were done. Training pets in Wiz doesn't do that (if I recall correctly).

Much support!