Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do pet talents work?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2015
Hey i have a question.
I have an Ancient Storm pet that has Storm-boon Pain-bringer and Pain-giver and im pretty sure im gonna get one of two talents, For example Spell-defy or Storm accuracy, so if i get the storm accuracy does it make it so that i cant get that talent? and do i get the defy instead?

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
KwiwK on Mar 5, 2018 wrote:
Hey i have a question.
I have an Ancient Storm pet that has Storm-boon Pain-bringer and Pain-giver and im pretty sure im gonna get one of two talents, For example Spell-defy or Storm accuracy, so if i get the storm accuracy does it make it so that i cant get that talent? and do i get the defy instead?
You can get any talent that is in the pet talent pool. If you don't get storm accuracy at epic then at mega you may. Chances are you won't get either talent.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2015
Whoops... Now that i read what i typed i see that i typed a lot of stuff wrong :D I mean if im getting Storm accuracy next but i add a jewel that has that talent then does it make it so i get other talent?(Thats if i know for SURE that im getting that talent)

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
KwiwK on Mar 7, 2018 wrote:
Whoops... Now that i read what i typed i see that i typed a lot of stuff wrong :D I mean if im getting Storm accuracy next but i add a jewel that has that talent then does it make it so i get other talent?(Thats if i know for SURE that im getting that talent)
This is a good question, and I honestly have no idea. I've wondered it myself, what happens if we socket a gem for a talent that our pet has in its pool. Would that cause the pet not to develop said talent because the gem prevents it?Hmm....

Alia Misthaven