Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pvp Needs To Be Fixed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
I thought I woud create my own post on this topic, so it is seen by more viewers.The game mechanics and spells have driven out a large amount of the pvp community. And if Kingsisle fixed many issues within pvp, those players will be crawling back, including me. They introduced complete RNG into their game, including shadow spell attacks that do mass damage with 4 or 5 pips only needed. Before the largest amount of damage costed 10 pips. There is simply no reason to even carry a life mastery to heal anymore at max pvp. You can lose to any school in the matter of a few rounds if RNG takes your side or even if your first taking off a shield and without even a blade dealing 2.2-2.8k damage and some schools more. There is no strategy involved in shadow pip, ok let's deal almost 3k damage. Reason being why Life, Balance and Ice have been ruling the arena. Another reason why this is so overpowered is due to pierce jewels. Players are able to pierce through resist without shrike/ infallible. I agree with pierce jewels, however I don't agree with how much pierce is allowed. Lets take a look at other reasons varying on the level, which has driven players to quit pvp. For the lower levels of pvp a few spells need to be fixed/banned or buffed. Loremaster needs a buff. It doesn't matter whether it's 5 pips with no mantle or 5 pips with lower damage, the spell needs to be buffed. (Player's have complained about the spell since it came out) Rampage is the next spell. Look kingsisle, rampage is an amazing spell. However the damages either need to be broken up into too rounds or the damage needs to be lowered by a lot. From second, you simply cannot reliably predict with triage. Next round brimstone or beetle gg. And if not, it will happen again. Many players want JuJu to be 5 pips. Insane bolt needs a buff. And finally but not least Guardian Spirit. Guardian Spirit needs to be banned from pvp. No questions or exceptions. The members of the pvp community need to finally be heard out. We don't want tournament mode, we want either a kiosk with limitations such as these or pvp fixed with these ideas entirely. Please leave your comments down bellow, our voice needs to finally be heard. If you do not agree with this post please leave kind comments that we can work together with. However things need to change in pvp and this is a fact.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Hey there!
I completely agree with you! If you ask me, I personally think that Loremaster spells should be banned from PvP altogether. Either that, or make a way for people to craft the spell even at level 5. You pretty much have to spend days or even weeks fighting Loremaster to get your spell, or you have to BUY it. You see, Kingsisle is a great game if you like to BLOW money on it. It used to be a great game for those who simply had a subscription and were experienced. Now, forget that. Nowadays, it doesn't matter how you setup your deck, or how much brain you have... all that matters is what spells you've gotten from Loremaster. Honestly LOREMASTER ALONE could be PvP banned and it would make the Arena MUCH better. More people would log back on and see that they've fixed pvp. More people would be doing the 2v2's, 3v3's, and 4v4's. If you want to do 3v3 or 4v4, FORGET IT! You won't find a match unless you make so many accounts that you control both teams. It's just plain ridiculous the kind of people you face in 1v1. I was level 34 PRIVATE and i faced a level 50 private with full commander gear.
The whole gear thing::: If someone has commander gear, that's terrific.. they need to be a commander to equip them though! it's messing up who you go against. Because according to their reset record, they're private, but they have the entire PvP gear and have already gotten their pets and spells. So it's like you're facing a warlord at heart. Come on now. Thanks for taking the time to read this! Please reply what you agree/disagree on and explain why.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
Sadly, it's never going to happen. Too many posts to count have been dedicated to fixing what is wrong with PvP, and KI has simply not listened. They have allowed the problems there to grow, and fester until the majority of people have left because of it. At this point, nothing short of a complete overhaul from top-to-bottom could possibly "fix" the issues associated with it. Even if they did listen though, I am not sure the masses would come back ,as most paying customers don't appreciate being ignored for so long.