Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Conspiracy Theory - Captain Coleridge is Ratbeard

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 12, 2010
Guys I have a new conspiracy theory, Captain Coleridge IS Ratbeard from Kingsisle's other hit game, Pirate101! Think about it, they're both Rat Pirates, both have the same voice actor, he runs a watermole-style bar, and maybe our pirate from Pirate101 was searching for El Dorado, with Ratbeard on our team. I mean, he literally says "I got lost searching for the Stormgate to El Dorado. We only made it out thanks to a child's lucky guesses." That's as clear as it gets. Maybe our Pirate and their crew was in a really tough fight so they got separated and they (at least Ratbeard) lost his memory.

I would personally love if this turned out to be true, the only information I have against it includes the fact that he looks so much older than he does in Pirate101, and since some familiar characters show up in Pirate101 including Harold Argleston, this would mean that the two games have to take place somewhat closely together in time. Another fact that might debunk this is the fact that Ratbeard's left eye is missing, and Coleridge is missing his right eye. However what if this theory goes deeper and since we don't know that Ratbeard's eye was ever really missing, it could be possible that maybe he was hiding something under that eye (Coleridge seems to have a strangely red eye), and now his right eye actually is missing.

I'm sorry if someone already covered this, or if this is covered in the story later on, I only just bought my membership back, so I'm still at the beginning of Empyra.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
1of1 Buccaneer on Feb 25, 2018 wrote:
Guys I have a new conspiracy theory, Captain Coleridge IS Ratbeard from Kingsisle's other hit game, Pirate101! Think about it, they're both Rat Pirates, both have the same voice actor, he runs a watermole-style bar, and maybe our pirate from Pirate101 was searching for El Dorado, with Ratbeard on our team. I mean, he literally says "I got lost searching for the Stormgate to El Dorado. We only made it out thanks to a child's lucky guesses." That's as clear as it gets. Maybe our Pirate and their crew was in a really tough fight so they got separated and they (at least Ratbeard) lost his memory.

I would personally love if this turned out to be true, the only information I have against it includes the fact that he looks so much older than he does in Pirate101, and since some familiar characters show up in Pirate101 including Harold Argleston, this would mean that the two games have to take place somewhat closely together in time. Another fact that might debunk this is the fact that Ratbeard's left eye is missing, and Coleridge is missing his right eye. However what if this theory goes deeper and since we don't know that Ratbeard's eye was ever really missing, it could be possible that maybe he was hiding something under that eye (Coleridge seems to have a strangely red eye), and now his right eye actually is missing.

I'm sorry if someone already covered this, or if this is covered in the story later on, I only just bought my membership back, so I'm still at the beginning of Empyra.
Ye get a "Yar" ( Charm ) from me, matey, fer that crazy theory! But take into account that Blind Mew ( chief writer for P101 ) has confirmed that the story lines of W101 & P101 are running closely together.
Also that Ratbeard is more robust in figure than Coleridge, who is a skinny, broken down Rat. Maybe most Rats look alike to us humans, also if you remember the "Wreck of the Pequod" dungeon in Flotsam, you see a rat that looks just like Ratbeard.
Maybe you should post this to the P101 message boards and see if others will nibble the cheese!

Explorer
Oct 12, 2010
1of1 Buccaneer on Feb 25, 2018 wrote:

Sorry, I forgot to mention, also Coleridge still has his foot and hand intact, which also points against it.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Would love to see the two games inter-lap a bit more though! :D

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Star Edward on Feb 27, 2018 wrote:

Yes, I want my wizard to be able to visit Cool Ranch.

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Star Edward on Feb 27, 2018 wrote:

If we ( pirates ) get Polaris, maybe we will!

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
As interesting as that would be.. I don’t think that Taylor Coleridge is Ratbeard. Maybe in the future in pirate101 Taylor could be a part of our crew.. or maybe someone who helps us in the storyline, but in the pirate101 storyline separates from his pirate friend with his own crew, which end up in Khrysalis.