Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Khan boss duel

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2014
I'm a balance {level 121} so I have a hard time with one hit kills and I've been getting beaten by Khan . He doesn't have much hit points = less than 10,000 but he starts out bringing in minions which he sacrifices to build his own HP's . You're not allowed to feint him since he just passes those over to a minion . His minions keep hitting you with nasty hits that cut your own HP's in half [understandable] . After taking a good hit and reducing his HP in half he sacrifices one or two of his minions for 3000 - 4000 hit power which brings him back up to full speed and immediately unleashes "wraith" armed with +500 % power and hits you with 3000 - 4000 damage to everyone which is enough to end your fight plus the life henchman [400 crowns] you hired to help you out of tough situations like that .
Honestly I don't see the reason for making a mainline boss like that so difficult for some wizards like balance and life to handle without plenty of outside help . Perhaps I'm missing something though . I'd like to find a strategy for beating thee toughest mainline boss I've seen since Jabberwok . At least he followed up his unreasonably large damage Meteorite Storm with a +200% damage trap ON HIMSELF ! Khan doesn't seem to have anything like that .

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Did this battle get buffed? I don't remember Khan casting Wraith with a +500 +500 damage bonus in a single round and more than he used to along with his minion spamming frog and casting stun. I used to defeat him with a team of 3-4 6 times with no problem. Now I spend a whole day getting defeated. Either my team gets defeated or players gets too frustrated from dying and quits for the day causing me to start the dungeon over making me frustrated. How is that called fair and fun KI, will you please do something with this battle so every player can get through it better?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Kikaha Balanceboot... on Feb 10, 2018 wrote:
I'm a balance {level 121} so I have a hard time with one hit kills and I've been getting beaten by Khan . He doesn't have much hit points = less than 10,000 but he starts out bringing in minions which he sacrifices to build his own HP's . You're not allowed to feint him since he just passes those over to a minion . His minions keep hitting you with nasty hits that cut your own HP's in half [understandable] . After taking a good hit and reducing his HP in half he sacrifices one or two of his minions for 3000 - 4000 hit power which brings him back up to full speed and immediately unleashes "wraith" armed with +500 % power and hits you with 3000 - 4000 damage to everyone which is enough to end your fight plus the life henchman [400 crowns] you hired to help you out of tough situations like that .
Honestly I don't see the reason for making a mainline boss like that so difficult for some wizards like balance and life to handle without plenty of outside help . Perhaps I'm missing something though . I'd like to find a strategy for beating thee toughest mainline boss I've seen since Jabberwok . At least he followed up his unreasonably large damage Meteorite Storm with a +200% damage trap ON HIMSELF ! Khan doesn't seem to have anything like that .
My thoughts on your whole post, exactly!

Survivor
Mar 04, 2016
I soloed everything in empyrea except this and medulla don't solo khan he is a team boss.

Jack 125
Jack 56

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
First and foremost, I don't have a Balance in Empyrea so I can't quite understand the struggles you may have as well as you do. What I'm about to post is pretty theoretical, but hopefully it helps.

A Nested Fury with 3 Balance Blades (normal 25%, Sharp 35%, and Item 30%) and 2 Elemental Blades (normal 35%, Sharp 35%) should do about 4800 Damage (this doesn't account for your Damage stat). Less if you hit Fire or Storm since he resists those. The Wiki doesn't say how much he resists these, but from my experience, bosses in Empyrea seem to have about 40% Resist. Speaking of the Wiki, it seems that you can Trap him on the very first round, before his minions are in the battle, and he should keep that Trap. If you put a Feint on in that first round (or perhaps later if you enchant it with Indemnity?), the damage should go up to 8161, which still does not account for your Damage stat. I guess multiply 8161 by your damage stat, then by (.6+your Pierce), and if you get over 9625, you should be good to go.

The Wraith cheat is very dangerous, which is why for this battle I brought some shields. It's up to you whether you want the more versatile Balance shields or to bring the more effective double-school shields. He does this cheat at the end of every 5th round, so it's important to keep track of what round it is so you can time your shield to be placed right before the cheat happens. You might want the Ice double-school shield just for Khan since he hits pretty hard by himself, but not too many. If you spend too long shielding, you'll certainly run out of health before you're ready to hit.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My Balance usually teams with a Fire. We were defeated the first time we faced Khan, it was the Ice minion that helped him destroy us with 10K damage. No one is surviving that!

When we went back, my Balance kept killing the minions ASAP, while my Fire friend set up a huge hit on Khan. She used Backdraft on the first round, 2 different Fuels and a couple of blades. I don't remember if she used a prism or not.

The point is, it took two of us. One to hit the boss and the other to keep taking out the minions over and over. Kind of like the Rat.

Hope this helps a little.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jul 05, 2014
I thank u for your input everyone but I was hoping for a special card that might be played to defeat Khan . Some strategy to use against a boss that kills everyone if you don't get him within five rounds .

BTW Torpzun26 I appreciate your theory but by my figuring it would take three turns to arm yourself with three balance blades , two more to get the elemental blades which both use a power pip apiece and one more turn to cast Nested Fury [provided u were lucky enough to get a shadow pip] . That's 6 turns used and your dead on the 5th . Plus it all comes down to the luck of the draw too.

My suggestion is to KI who , in their wisdom , "fixed the RAT" from coming back with full hit points in case someone on the team managed to kill Rasputin without getting the last minion . Bless you for that KI ! Perhaps a "fix" for mainline bosses like Khan might be in order .

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
On my first run with this boss on my 121 storm, I was getting ready to land the killing hit. This was the round before his wraith hit and then the game was hit with a disconnect. This I believe was due to a the ddos issue that I think is still going on because my computer had perfect connection. It's really frustrating having to redo this boss.