Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting Pulled

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2014
Don't you just hate it when you get pulled into battles? Well thats usually me. I think that if you want to fight something you press X just like everything else. Don't you agree?

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
I think getting pulled is just a part of the game, and it shouldn't be gotten rid of. Often, when I get pulled I do have to fight that mob just because I stack my quests. If you're getting pulled a lot consider getting a thinner mount (chestnut pony, broomstick, dreamfilly) or staying close to walls/sidewalks. If everyone had the chance to say "No I don't want to be pulled" it takes away the fun in the game sometimes. If you don't want to be pulled, the best thing to do is be precautious of where you're walking.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Tricks to help us avoid being pulled into street battles:

1) Patience. Don't rush ahead. Instead, stand and wait for a gap in the mobs. Quickly sneak past them once you get an opening.

2) Follow. Go behind the mobs instead of coming at them face-on. Some of them swerve around unexpectedly but if we're behind them, they can't catch us off-guard. Don't over-take them once you get behind them, just pause and wait if they stall, then move on ahead once they do.

3) Small. As previous poster advised, getting a smaller or more slender mount for tight areas can help you cling to the sides more easily. Wings, brooms, horses, cars, wolves, cats - all are small enough to help sneak you past grabby mobs.

4) Center. If they're creeping so close to the edge that we can't escape them, going down the middle might be our best choice.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I don't like being pulled, it's a waste of time, annoying, don't know anyone who likes or enjoys it, and when new it can be quite unsettling at times.
I had a high level player ditch me in a dungeon because they had gotten pulled twice into street battles.

Some streets are dark with very narrow twisting sidewalks and they pull even experienced players in. You don't have to be rushing just badly timed.

I can't see the value in this being pulled into battle thing.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
If anything I would want the mobs to roam a little away from the sidewalks. In some areas like Sunken City, mobs walk so close to the sidewalk you get pulled even if you are well in the sidewalk.

It would also be nice to have a clear sidewalk so you know where to walk, adding footprints like in P101 would be perfect.

Also all this about sidewalks reminds me of *cough cough* Marleybone.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2016
It can be annoying sometimes but its part of the game and i personally dont think it should be changed. Adds a bit of difficulty too and makes you be more cautious and patient.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Doesn't increase my caution or patience. Increases my stress and tension though.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2017
Survivor
Jan 26, 2018
I just think the hitboxes need to be much shorter. If you take a look at another MMO game that featured Toons, you literally had to touch them to be pulled.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
RMV60 on Feb 10, 2018 wrote:
Don't you just hate it when you get pulled into battles? Well thats usually me. I think that if you want to fight something you press X just like everything else. Don't you agree?
Yes.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
My questing partner used to laugh at me for always getting pulled into random battles. She got a duel skimmer to keep me safe. Low and behold they just pulled me off the back of it haha. They obviously just want to defeat me more than most wizards passing through

I don't think it should be taken out of the game but there are a few places they could make the pull zone a little smaller

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
This would ruin a huge part of the game. Pulling is something native to Wizard101 and should never ever be removed.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2011
The scarlet screamers in trition avenue should honestly be nerfed. It's like their wearing the marley bone car and going 50% speed.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2015
RMV60 on Feb 10, 2018 wrote:
I feel like it would start to get annoying that every time you want to battle you have to press x. Honestly, I like the game how it is and I wouldn't want to change that.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
18thatsme on Mar 1, 2018 wrote:
I feel like it would start to get annoying that every time you want to battle you have to press x. Honestly, I like the game how it is and I wouldn't want to change that.
Is that what they meant? Or just when being pulled?
I see what you mean but I think things shouldn't pull people from sidewalks or just near sidewalks. You should have to be crossing the street hastily or unwisely at least.