Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pigsie TC

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 15, 2012
It's very sad that KI has created such a DEMAND for this PIGSIE TC that people are trying to sell it! I just came across aboy that was in the Pet Hatchery, that was offering to SELL his pigsie TC for 300 Empower TC EACH. He had 3 Pigsie TC, that's 900 Empower TC. People, myself included have been farming over and over to try and win either the spell, or a TC. It would be nice if KI increase the drop for that spell or TC. SO people will STOP Extorting TC or worse even money, from people.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I for one am at a loss as to why the Pigsie TC card is ONLY available as a drop and from the notoriously stingy Loremaster at that.

So let me add my voice to the chorus of "Make Pigsie TC a little easier to obtain." I wouldn't mind being able to buy them from someone, somewhere.

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
This happens EVERY time a new spell is made available to craft or drop. Wait about a month and they'll be a dime a dozen. The same thing happened with Hephaestus, Queen Calypso, and Athena Battlesight. Loremaster IS stingy, but I can confirm she DOES drop spells if you put the time in. In SOME cases, it's a LOT of time. Some spells on my wizards I crafted, and I got REALLY lucky to get Pigsie on the only wizard I wanted to for really badly; my life.

The reason why Pigsie is so sought after, is because for one extra pip over unicorn, you heal everybody a minimum of 275 health. That's a HUGE difference for a single pip. Also, for almost half the pips of rebirth, you only lose 100 healing. Let's compare numbers of these heal all spells:

3 pips, 275 (unicorn)
4 pips, 550 (pigsie)
7 pips, 650 (rebirth)

For 12 pips, you can heal 1,100 health per person with Unicorn (cast 4 times) or 1,650 per person with Pigsie (cast 3 times)
For 28 pips, you can heal 2,600 health per person with Rebirth (cast 4 times) or 3,850 per person with Pigsie (cast 7 times)

Let's compare health per pip as well:

91.67 per pip (Unicorn)
137.5 per pip (Pigsie)
92.86 per pip (Rebirth)

Pigsie is the MOST effective use of pips. Let's do another comparison as well. If you don't need the absorb from Rebirth, for 7 pips, you can get ONE rebirth for 650 health or one Pigsie AND Unicorn for a minimum of 825 health. While you're waiting to build pips for Rebirth, you can cast either Pigsie or unicorn making the combo MUCH more versatile and useful.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
dayerider on Feb 9, 2018 wrote:
This happens EVERY time a new spell is made available to craft or drop. Wait about a month and they'll be a dime a dozen. The same thing happened with Hephaestus, Queen Calypso, and Athena Battlesight. Loremaster IS stingy, but I can confirm she DOES drop spells if you put the time in. In SOME cases, it's a LOT of time. Some spells on my wizards I crafted, and I got REALLY lucky to get Pigsie on the only wizard I wanted to for really badly; my life.

The reason why Pigsie is so sought after, is because for one extra pip over unicorn, you heal everybody a minimum of 275 health. That's a HUGE difference for a single pip. Also, for almost half the pips of rebirth, you only lose 100 healing. Let's compare numbers of these heal all spells:

3 pips, 275 (unicorn)
4 pips, 550 (pigsie)
7 pips, 650 (rebirth)

For 12 pips, you can heal 1,100 health per person with Unicorn (cast 4 times) or 1,650 per person with Pigsie (cast 3 times)
For 28 pips, you can heal 2,600 health per person with Rebirth (cast 4 times) or 3,850 per person with Pigsie (cast 7 times)

91.67 per pip (Unicorn)
137.5 per pip (Pigsie)
92.86 per pip (Rebirth)

Pigsie is the MOST effective use of pips. Let's do another comparison as well. If you don't need the absorb from Rebirth, for 7 pips, you can get ONE rebirth for 650 health or one Pigsie AND Unicorn for a minimum of 825 health. While you're waiting to build pips for Rebirth, you can cast either Pigsie or unicorn making the combo MUCH more versatile and useful.
Love how you broke this down so well.

I'm too in the midst of crafting the spell for my and sigh..

Like everyone here, I just need the treasures.

Same with the balance pigs.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Star Edward on Feb 10, 2018 wrote:
Love how you broke this down so well.

I'm too in the midst of crafting the spell for my and sigh..

Like everyone here, I just need the treasures.

Same with the balance pigs.

Thanks! Yeah, I havent started going after balance pigs because the heal was #1 on my to do list :)

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
dayerider on Feb 9, 2018 wrote:

3 pips, 275 (unicorn)
4 pips, 550 (pigsie)
7 pips, 650 (rebirth)

91.67 per pip (Unicorn)
137.5 per pip (Pigsie)
92.86 per pip (Rebirth)

Most eloquently put, and hence the reason why I want it for my Life Wizard.

Add to the fact that EVERYONE, not just Life Wizards want this spell.

It make me ask why Loremaster is the sole place to acquire this particular TC. I mean spread the wealth just a bit. Aren't there other bosses who could drop this TC?

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Area51Alien on Feb 10, 2018 wrote:
Most eloquently put, and hence the reason why I want it for my Life Wizard.

Add to the fact that EVERYONE, not just Life Wizards want this spell.

It make me ask why Loremaster is the sole place to acquire this particular TC. I mean spread the wealth just a bit. Aren't there other bosses who could drop this TC?

Steven Ghoststalker
yeah, I want this spell on ALL but my death my wizards, but my life desperately needed this one for the reasons noted above. My death doesnt EVER use healing spells. All my other ones do.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2017
I was wondering why pigsie tc is so hard to get I have been farming it for over 4 weeks. and I have only got one drop. I have got 3 from other people. I did get a stack of packs and got non out of them. its sad that its so hard to get. I started offering a pack for a pigsie tc but no takers. why is it so hard to get. I don't mined it being hard to get but this is just mad. come on KI work it out.

Defender
Mar 18, 2012
I agree they need to increase the drop rate. I have a life friend who is trying to craft it.

P.S. If she crafts it, and I have extras, I'll give you some, Area51Alien.

Blaze Fireweave

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
BlazeMaster688 on May 8, 2018 wrote:
I agree they need to increase the drop rate. I have a life friend who is trying to craft it.

P.S. If she crafts it, and I have extras, I'll give you some, Area51Alien.

Blaze Fireweave
Thank You.

3 months later and I STILL have no Pigsie TC cards

S Gs

Explorer
Jun 01, 2014
I feel the need to say this, because I've spent an excruciatingly long amount of time fighting Loremaster to obtain just one Pigsie Treasure Card out of the 10 that I need. I spent around 3 hours the day Empyrea came out, and another 8 hours straight today because I had a lot of free time and it seemed like a good day to just crack down and get through it.

8 hours later, I'm tired, and I've lost all motivation to even try for this spell anymore. I'm just trying to get the treasure cards to craft the spell, not the spell itself, but I can't even get one of them. This is just far too low for any treasure card, even taking Loremater's massive loot table into account. Started to question if I even want the spell anymore.

What I'm trying to say is, PLEASE increase the drop rate for this treasure card. Or, even better, allow us to craft Pigsie treasure cards so that we can obtain them that way.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I pretty much gave up on the idea of getting that spell, like its nice but I solo so much that it would be kinda pointless. tcs and pet heals should get me through fine enough.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
chloe3521 on Feb 8, 2018 wrote:
It's very sad that KI has created such a DEMAND for this PIGSIE TC that people are trying to sell it! I just came across aboy that was in the Pet Hatchery, that was offering to SELL his pigsie TC for 300 Empower TC EACH. He had 3 Pigsie TC, that's 900 Empower TC. People, myself included have been farming over and over to try and win either the spell, or a TC. It would be nice if KI increase the drop for that spell or TC. SO people will STOP Extorting TC or worse even money, from people.
I agree. I gave up on farming Lore and eventually bought a few packs when the Pack-a-Palooza was here a few months ago. Even then, I obtained only 3 Pigsie TCs from opening 30+ packs and ended up getting the actual spell, much faster than I could get at least 5 of those treasure cards.