Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dual Housing???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2016
I've been in the Wizard Community for since 2010 (2 accounts) and basically what I've always thought to be a stump for me is housing development and decoration in wiz. I know it comes naturally to people and I absolutely LOVE to design stuff like architecture but have you ever felt like overwhelmed with all. If not I have and have wondered if it would be possible for Kingsisle to implement a dual housing feature, which allows not only YOU but also a friend to be able to edit in YOUR house. you heard me right. I think it would be a great idea and a lot of people would absolutely love it for all those house nerds and hoarders out there XD. I've been thinking about this idea for a few months now. Basically it would run something like this. Just like the ABRACADABRA for deleting chars maybe a special code you type in when you and a friend are in your house that gives them access rights to your house and like other options such as:
-The ability to limit their categories (decorations, outdoor, plantlife etc.) and to be able to have certain access rights as well for areas such as the indoors and outdoors. I think this is a great idea for collaboration among other wizards.
-The ability to have another bank physical or not but in order for you to put housing items you would like for the people you have trusted to have access to in placing. Of course this idea would run with serious trust issues but with the right people it's great. Of course you will probably have the bad eggs who would abuse it and steal stuff and sell it but if you're low enough to have to do that without permission of the owner I won't even bother.
-I forgot a couple things but will add when I remember them.
please let me know what you think about this and if you would like to see it implemented and other features.

- I don't know if anyone else has ever mentioned this too so spare me.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I love the idea of players working together in-game to build/create in-game, but I'm not so sure about housing being the platform. As you pointed out, something would need to be done about bank access (problem), there's the issue of communicating vision of the final intent of the housing project and most housing for Castle Tours involves glitching which I'm not keen on someone doing in my house (i.e. someone going beyond sanctioned/standard glitching and committing further exploits that results in bans). Would be nice if KI created something specific for the purposes of working together in-game.

Explorer
Jan 05, 2013
It would be interesting for KI to create a world on the spire that is designed/decorated by the community. Each avenue could have say 12-25 plots and each plot could be reserved or won by a member. The plot could be designed using something like a "free play" mode and submitted to KI for approval. The buildings would then have names based on the wizards that designed them, like "Shadowbreaker Tower".

I always like going through an area and seeing the various doors and buildings but only 1 out of say 20 are lit up and can be entered. Would be amazing if every door was explorable even if they were simply decorated houses by members or community dungeons.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2014
Oh my gosh YES! Me and my friends would have the best house in the Spiral, nothing would stop us!
Rylee GoldLeaf