Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strange looking launcher -- fake?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Earlier today i went to log in and got a weird looking screen on the launcher. It had the normal form fields for logging in, and the standard colour scheme, but a different image on the right. There was a message on the left about old bundles returning, and a tip about selling items at the bazaar.

When I tried to log in, i got an error. I closed the window, and reopened from my desktop, and got the normal launcher. I then logged in with no problem. It occurred to me that the first window might have been fake / phishing?

I changed password just in case, but thought KI should know in case it warrants investigation. I haven't seen the other screen before or since.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2014
This concerns me... the only odd thing about my launcher is that the kings isle logo is glitched but I think that's just from the DDOS attacks. Good thing you changed your password. Make sure you have an antivirus software active as those types of things can sneak past if you don't have one. I really hope KI fixes all of this mess soon...

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
it looks like the lag from DDOS. a lot of people got that.