Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

a staying connected problem

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 12, 2016
Hello, my name is Jeffrey Dragonheart, a student at Ravenwood school of magical arts; and for approximately 1 week it's been seeming like the server of the game is acting up, I keep getting my connection lost even though my parents keep proving it to me that the internet connection of the house in which I'm playing the game in at is 100% functional. this happens randomly, and finding out why definitely takes my interest.

PS. a response to this message is not demanded, but it will be deeply appreciated

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
There have been problems for me since about the 9th of January. There's a message in the Headmaster's Announcements regarding a DDOS attack (distributed denial of service) that seems to be ongoing until today. I have to attempt to login multiple times before being able to get in and then I still can't do PVP without forfeiting a match most of the time due to long load times. Frequently when going into another area or porting to a friend I will have a 30 second to a minute load screen or will get a message saying "this area is not available right now" or get disconnected from the game and have to restart. I hope this gets fixed soon because it's extremely frustrating.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
I have not experienced this "disconnect" problem, however some have told me that "Perhaps" it is because I have a desktop computer that is cabled(an actual cable that comes into my house that is coming from a line on a telephone pole that goes all the way down into town to comcast main station. No WFi or laptop.....so even if your computer is functional it could be having "interruption" issues which causes the game to "break' and be lost....notice I had said "Perhaps"....I wish I was a computer guru and be firm on the cause.Also with all the bad weather and the highway of information is going thru the air, problems are bound to happen and will probably occur here and there with no definite pattern. When you go into a battle, smile and keep your fingers crossed!

Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
I have a desktop with cable and have had problems logging in since 1/10. After multiple tries I finally get to log on. When going into another area like Ravenwood to the Commons there is a delay. It's worse in Pirates than in Wizards by the way. Keep trying. Hang in there.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010