Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training Points

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2017
Hello everyone, this is Chris MythGiver. I have been reading recently about free training point buyback for members. I am definitely going to do it if it ever comes around. So far, I have gotten life up to centuar, (huge mistake, should have stopped at satyr, don't know what I was thinking when I got that), Sun up to Colossal, Empowerment from Star, elemental blade, elemental trap, stun block, and reshuffle. I was wondering if anybody has some advice on what to train? Most people say ice up to tower, death up to feint, and life up to satyr if you have life mastery. Personally, I find that I don't need feint because the bosses don't have too much health, but do you suggest it/ does anyone have suggestions? Thanks!
-Chris MythGiver 71

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Chris MythGiver on Jan 12, 2018 wrote:
Hello everyone, this is Chris MythGiver. I have been reading recently about free training point buyback for members. I am definitely going to do it if it ever comes around. So far, I have gotten life up to centuar, (huge mistake, should have stopped at satyr, don't know what I was thinking when I got that), Sun up to Colossal, Empowerment from Star, elemental blade, elemental trap, stun block, and reshuffle. I was wondering if anybody has some advice on what to train? Most people say ice up to tower, death up to feint, and life up to satyr if you have life mastery. Personally, I find that I don't need feint because the bosses don't have too much health, but do you suggest it/ does anyone have suggestions? Thanks!
-Chris MythGiver 71
As I have yet to play a Storm Wizard, I cannot confirm or deny whether you can handle the bosses you've seen thus far without Feint.

That said, at level 71 you are probably somewhere in Zafaria. That's about where I was during the last training point buyback. I have found as a Life Wizard I am able to handle most of the minor boss battles now that I have Feint in my deck.

Feint will come in handy in Avalon and Azteca

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
It's good you've realized the errors you made in using your training points and the solutions you're now planning on taking.

Now, since you've noted your errors, I won't go over that as much, but what I will say is that:

up to Satyr for Wizards is also optional. now has their own healing spell (called Healing Current) which works wonders. With our high critical rate, even the lowest (100 ) can be good with efficient incoming healing boost. So, learning Satyr isn't a must anymore for Diviners. It's optional. On my storm, I boycotted the spell.

up to Tower Shield is of course an absolute must for any school, not just diviners. Reasons are obvious.

Get rid of Empowerment and Elemental Trap. You don't need these spells. Do pick up Elemental Blades though.

I highly recommend feint. Don't be fooled by the boss' health in the world you're in. In Azteca for example, bosses have a mean of 20,000 in health with a mastery of two schools. Meaning, you may come across a life boss using both life and storm spells (Tower Shield helps here!). Having a feint around them helps to bridge the gap for damage. Highly useful spell! That said, I highly encourage you learn it.

Colossal is good.

What about Fortify and Amplify from ? Fortify for example can help ward damage off while you set up for a hit in boss battles.

Remember, as a , it's important you cover our shortcomings and build on our advances.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2017
Thank you everyone, TP buyback just started, which is great. I think I am going to get death to feint, elemental blade, tower, colossal, and maybe fortify and amplify. If I have any left over I am going to go for empowerment because it has proved useful for getting pips for Tempest. Thank you for the advice everyone!

-Chris MythGiver