Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game still losing connection

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Im still having problems getting into the game. As soon as I log into the game, I lose connection and crash within 5 seconds. It started yesterday and still continuing today and probably will the whole weekend. Actually starting to get mad and thinking about cancelling the rest of my membership :/ Can you help me with this problem??

Defender
May 30, 2010
Gabrielle Dreamsto... on Jan 11, 2018 wrote:
Im still having problems getting into the game. As soon as I log into the game, I lose connection and crash within 5 seconds. It started yesterday and still continuing today and probably will the whole weekend. Actually starting to get mad and thinking about cancelling the rest of my membership :/ Can you help me with this problem??
Check their Twitter. DDOs attacks are happen. It started a few days ago. Everyone is having this problem more or less.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Survivor
Nov 22, 2010
Log on and can not do anything as servers will not maintain connection

Survivor
Dec 12, 2017
The game is experiencing DDOS attacks right now and there is nothing anyone can do about it but wait till KI does the best they can to sort out the problem.

I have the same exact problem of the losing connection on and off every 5-10 seconds and not being able to log in, my friend. Many, MANY people are having the SAME problem as well from these attacks. You're not alone.

All you can do is just wait and and relax and hope everything will be okay.

I hope you have a nice day.

Alia StormBlade Level 88 Storm Wizard

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
I am having the same issue happening for several days now, it is getting rather annoying. I was able to play last night for a little while, but this morning it is doing it again and I can't play. It would be nice if KingsIsle would post an update from time to time to let us know what is going on instead of leaving us in the dark the whole time. I really don't understand why it won't work for a few days, then it goes back to not working. Then back to not working. Why can't they just put a notice on the login to not bother, instead of letting us try and try with no luck. It would be much easier to deal with if we had an idea as to what was going on. I wrote to them and got a response from them with the "We are having DDOS attacks again" response. You would think with all the computer wiz's around, if they knew what the problem was, they could and would fix it. From what I have read, DDOS attacks come from immature idiots who think it is funny to disable a web site, you can't be a much bigger loser than that, if that is what it really is.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
What I can't seem to understand is why precautions haven't been put in place to protect against this. They had these same ddos attacks back in October I believe. It is frustrating and it does make me wonder what Kingisle is going to do to make it right for all the people not being able to play the game. People's memberships are being wasted while this is going on. I think I will wait till next week and see where they are with this. If it is still happening by then I think I will just cancel my membership till it gets fixed, no since wasting money on a game I can't play.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2017
I also wish they would give us updates about what's going on. Even something every 4-6 hours on the status of the problem, and/or an estimate on how long they think it will take to fix it. I and many others pay for this game, and it's not fair that we're paying for something that we can't access.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2010
How do they expect me to garden if I can't get online to play. JK but yes it is very annoying that this continues to happen with no updates. It's been days now, I expected there to be a solution.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
Hey Kingsisle I am having way to many problems with being able to log in and when it finally lets me log in it makes me lose connection instantly when I log on please secure your connections or fix this problem and make it a perm fix we have all suffered to many of these problems and it messes with our gardening the most I have not been able to log in and stay on for the past 4 days now I am getting frustrated please do something about this.

Anthony Firecaster level 125

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
This is day 4 for me, I really hope they get this fixed soon. I know they will, and I know they are working to get things back on track but the updating this go around hasn't seemed to be as good as last time. I keep looking for updates and last one I saw was from the 10th. :( sad wizard

Explorer
May 20, 2012
Jack7021 on Jan 12, 2018 wrote:
What I can't seem to understand is why precautions haven't been put in place to protect against this. They had these same ddos attacks back in October I believe. It is frustrating and it does make me wonder what Kingisle is going to do to make it right for all the people not being able to play the game. People's memberships are being wasted while this is going on. I think I will wait till next week and see where they are with this. If it is still happening by then I think I will just cancel my membership till it gets fixed, no since wasting money on a game I can't play.
I think they should refund us in crowns for the membership time loss.