Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How does the math work on gardening likes?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 30, 2015
I have couch potatoes on a red barn farm with all of the likes except for pixie.

If I add them all up at once, they add to 80% faster (according to the Wiki over at Central).

Does this mean they will go through each stage in 20% of the time? So from seed to young in 2.5 hours, young to mature in about 6, and mature to elder in about 43?

This doesn't quite match up with what I've observed, so I'm thinking that the percentages are a straight addition...anyone know the answer?

Thanks,
Marcus
Myth 125
Fire 47
Balance 120

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I also have couch potatoes in a Red Barn Farm and never add pixie. Mine have trigger times of 5 hours, 11.5 hours and then elder in 3.5 days. Harvests are every 14.5 hours. I do have quite a lot so they tend to attract pixies quickly.

80% faster doesn't mean 20% of the time.

If it takes 10 hours to get from A-B but we want to do it in 5 hours we must double our speed (go 100% faster). 100% faster is 50% off the time.

If it worked the way you're calculating it if we got over 100% speed increase we could be harvesting elders before we plant them - time travel would be pretty cool but even more confusing to calculate

The percentages for likes has had my brain in knots many times too!

Survivor
Nov 30, 2011
This is just an idea at this point but I’m guessing it works in just the same way as blades with percentage multipliers. Meaning each one is updated after the last one, so if you have a total of 40% boost with 2 different 20%. It will apply the first 20% of being sped up and then apply the second one, so you can never actually make it take no time because it would be percentage of a value being constantly calculated. Kind of like compound interest so you have to take into account what happened with the first multiplier before applying the second. I agree with the previous comment about how 100% would mean it is twice as fast