Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

teenage pet with a may cast talent

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2017
I've been running around with my teenage hybrid pet with a may cast talent for fairy spell. I've probably done maybe 50 or so battles and the pet has never cast it. What am I missing here? I know as a may cast its not a guarantee but surely it should have cast it at least once by now?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Some people think pets with may-cast talents are more likely to cast them when they are trained up. So, you could try training your pet to adult or maybe even ancient and see if that helps. You will get one or two other talents that might help you, plus those talents will get stronger themselves as your pet gains experience and levels up.

As for the Fairy talent, I've noticed recently that KI seems to have reduced the chances she will cast in battle. It's really disappointing.

Alia Misthaven

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Training doesn't matter. May-cast talents are just there or not, there's no controlling stat.

It does seem like the Fairy rate has been nerfed again, though I haven't done or seen an objective test.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2017
thank you for your reply. I got my pet to adult and it is casting the spell now, so training it was the right option, thank you!